Strange driver install problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Steppzor, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Hi,

I've just re-installed Windows 7 Pro and downloaded 14.9.1 Beta and 14.8 WHQL, but non of the drivers recognize my GPU's.. no drivers shows up in custom install list for selection.. only CCC and AMD HDMI drivers shows in the list on both driver packages..

I can see both of my GPU's in my device list.

Any thougts on what can cause this?

EDIT: Manually installed driver from device manager, but getting a package install error when trying to install CCC, AMD HDMI driver installs just fine.

EDIT2: Figured it out.. seems that with a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro comes with a outdated verison of PCI bus driver and the AMD packaged refuses to update to a newer one.

Had to manually install PCI Bus driver from AMD package to before the OS was able to detect the GPU's

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats a strange one, as im using the default windows 7 drivers for my mobo, and have had no problems at all installing AMDs drivers for my card.

Least you managed to sort it though anway :)

3. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Yeah.. very strange.. i did reinstall a clean copy of windows 7 twice with same result.. The second time i also tested with Intel PCI Bus driver.. same result.. the GPU's would not detect.

4. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Where did u find the intel pci bus.
    I know only 2 exist the microsft standard one and the amd one.
    In intel machine there is no point to install the amd one. U have intel chipset.

5. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    I installed chipset drivers and such and when into device manager and selected update driver and select from list and there where one marked PCI bus (intel) and one PCI bus (Microsoft), both of them refused to recognize my GPU's.. so i had to use the one from <%path to driver%\Packages\Drivers\amdkmpfd\> in the AMD driver package.. wich worked flawless..

Intel Driver date was sometime in 2014 and Microsoft was dated back to 2006

6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    I always install the latest Intel drivers an they didn't give me any new PCI driver. Can U tell me what chipset driver did U use ?
    I will also install the AMD pci drivers And I will compare perfomance with original Microsoft ones.

7. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Version 10.0.13 i think the version number is. Not on my desktop computer at the moment so unable to check. I downloaded it from intel.com.

But i do not belive it to be a intel problem since the standard microsoft pci bus drivers also does not work correctly.