Is My CrossFire Setup Working Correctly? [Basic/Advanced Guide]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by LtMatt81, Sep 30, 2014.

1. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    We improved our FarCry 4 profile in 15.4 Beta.

I understand.

The best thing, aside from Water cooling would be a motherboard that allows further spacing behind the gpu's. Reference cards work much better in Crossfire when they're close to each other.

As for the Ram i found some on Amazon, i will pm you the link. :)

2. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    something i am noticing when crossfire is enabled CSGO i know its a old game lol
    but texture flickering can been seen in that game and really being that old there shouldnt be any texture flickering....

3. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Can you send me a private message and include your DXDIAG.TXT report to download and i will report your issue. Which driver are you using? Did it work fine on an older driver?

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I tested it, it wasn't very good.... very slow... didn't seem improved at any level. Really crap scaling compared to the BF4.exe profile (seriously, take a look at it).

Last edited: May 11, 2015

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey what did u say your score was earlier in pm? I'll tell u mine if yiu tell me yours...:p

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I said it was 17.3k graphics @ 1150/1500 :D Pill why we talking about it here, why couldn't you just open the pm and look? LOL :D

[​IMG]

Rofl I have the same graphics score as a Titan X, how about that huh... my 500€ costing crossfire setup scores the same as a 1100€ costing Titan X. :D (Although it's stock :D)

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  7. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    I have, I'm using it right now. :)

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How is it? :D Isn't it slow? Compare it to BF4.exe man, the scaling is like 10x better lol. :D

9. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hi mate info sent to your pm ;)

10. Kero

Kero Member

GPU:
    strix 5700xt
    Yeah I'm prolly going to go with a reference when the 300 series release with anticipation of doing crossfire.

I got the 7000 series cards back when it was still profitable to mine crypto, but before their prices went crazy. I got the 280 refurbished for cheap.

I'll probably end up doing the watercooling and just try to re-use what I can, I'm happy with the corsair CLC I have now but I'd really like a 360mm radiator that will cool everything at once.

As far as the Ram goes it seems like youre just refusing to acknowledge the fact theyre charging roughly $300 for only 16GB. I mean, granted your link was amazon and not newegg, but the whole point of me asking for help finding some was thinking seeing as how youre an AMD employee you could find some for close to the MSRP.

You seriously expect someone to pay that much for this? http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Radeon-240-Pin-Unbuffered-R9316G2401U2K/dp/B00IVLZX98

And those arent even on the list of recommended modules for the asus crosshair. But these are...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231522

You cant find any 8x2 16gb ddr3 2400mhz modules close to the MSRP? I mean, a link to $300 modules that need to be shipped from Japan doesnt really help.

Maybe you can ask if there are plans to to start manufacturing the AMD gamer series ram and I can wait? That'd be more helpful than a link to overpriced ram on amazon that needs to ship from Japan.

Especially with your guys plans for pushing APUs. One would think your (AMD) branded ram with A.M.P. profiles would be a high priority because your APUs dont perform like theyre supposed to without high frequency RAM.

I can see maybe a possibility of one day doing a crossfire setup with APU and discrete GPUs but no you guys (AMD) dont let people know when you stop manufacturing components that are advertised to work optimally together.

I wish I at least knew why you guys stopped making the RAM. No announcements, still being advertised on your site, and no plans for the future with RAM thats needed for your flagship APUs?

I'd try calling AMD headquarters again to see if they can help but most of the time people dont even answer the phone there.

Just frustrated there doesnt seem to be any sort of legitimate assistance for people who actually support the company and want to buy the products.

So to sum up my experience here. ADATA tells me you guys (AMD) did not renew your contract with them to keep manufacturing your gamer series RAM(why? no one knows..) So IOW, theyre no longer being made at all, anywhere. You're pushing APUs as the next big thing which absolutely require high frequency RAM in order to operate at their full potential. I ask for help finding some and you give me a link to RAM that costs nearly three times the MSRP and needs to ship from Japan.

I'm doing my best not to be rude here, but FFS why would you stop making RAM that's designed especially to work with your flagship APUs?

Last edited: May 14, 2015

11. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Received, thanks. :)

I don't know why we're not producing any more Radeon Gamer Memory, sorry. It's fairly normal that when products go EOL (End Of Line) that the price shoots up as demand exceed supply. However you can use other memory, you're not limited to using Radeon Gamer memory with an APU. Please refer to the motherboard documentation for the QVL on approved memory

12. Kero

Kero Member

GPU:
    strix 5700xt
    Very true and I understand the reason why their price is high. You're being as fare as possible considering your circumstances I suppose.

I wonder if they didn't sell well enough to make renewing the contract with ADATA worth it? I dont know and I dont actually expect to, but I do wonder if the current price along with availability is any clue. I'd at least expect to find used ones at respectable prices on ebay, but they cant even be found on there.

The heatsinks are sleek and they have great appearance. I really liked the look. My Asrock board was AM3+ socket but still had support for A.M.P which is more typical for APUs. But A.M.P. worked perfectly with correct timing and voltages on the AM3+ socket.

Even on this Asus Crosshair I can select A.M.P, ehich isnt officially supported, but still works great. They also have XMP profiles, but the A.M.P profiles had slightly better timings than XMP so I still use it.

I know real world difference in memory timings and settings dont make much of a difference but I may as well use the better option if its available.

Was also cool to have the eventual possibility of having all the important components being a pure AMD build. The idea was appealing.

I've looked into recommended modules for this ASUS crosshair board I'm currently using and with the prices of DDR3 being phased out to move in DDR4, I'll probably pick some up when they go their lowest.

Would be great so see AMD push out a new series of DDR4 with AMP profiles for their next series of APUs. The last ones worked well and I'd like to see them make a return. I'd really like to experiment with doing a crossfire build with an APU and mini-atx or itx board in the future and having their own branded RAM recommended for such a setup would just increase the potential amount of people willing to try it. Well it would me at least, anyways.

Thanks for at least discussing it with me, though. You made more of an effort than anyone else I've contacted.

13. BobSymac

BobSymac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280x
    Hello Matt.
    First of all thank you for the very informative guide. I'm having a bit of an issue though. My second card wasn't firing at the same MHz as my main card. It was at 300MHz to my main card's 1500MHz. Then I realized it was because my game was running in borderless windowed mode so I Fullscreened it. Now they're both at an even 1500MHz, but the percentage wont go over 60% tops and my games are all choppy and messed up. I'm not using an fps limit and I tried turning off Vsync even though I didn't think it would work and it didn't. Any ideas on what's going on? Could my below average mobo have something to do with it? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Oh, and I'm crossfiring 2 Sapphire Radeon R9 280x
    -Intel Core i7 4790k
    -Asus Z97-A Mobo

14. baddaddy1114

baddaddy1114 Guest

GPU:
    MSI TWIN FROZR III 7950 V
    OK I'M TRYING TO SET UP A CROSSFIRE WITH THE GPU ON MY AMD A10-6800K
    AMD RadeonTM HD 8670D
    DDR3-2133 RAM AND A MSI TWIN FROZR III 7950 VIDEO CARD BUT WHEN I BOOT UP AND THE AMD Catalyst OPENS IT HAS NO CROSSFIRE..AS I LOOK CLOSER ON THE AND SITE I SEE THAT MAYBE 7950 IS NOT FOR THIS SET UP. RADEON HD 6570, HD 6670 IS THE ONES. IDK ANYBODY HAVE ANY INSIGHT TO ALL OF THIS? I'M STILL LEARNING :) MY MOTHERBOARD IS A Gigabyte AMD FM2+/FM2 A88X (GA-F2A88X-UP4)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  15. 1vok

1vok Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2
    Hi Matt!
    How long to wait the Crossfire profile for elite dangerous?

16. ralloxd

ralloxd Guest

GPU:
    xfx r9 295x2
    mine wont show crossfirex in ccc, installed and reinstalled all driver like 4 times. still no show, enabled dual graphics in bios. using msi gaming 7 z97 mobo, and xfx r9 295x2 8bg graphic card, and speccy says crossfire disabled. and can't enable. tryed all that i know, googled, and ended here. hope you can help!

17. JoaoAragao

JoaoAragao Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6990 & 6970 & 6950
    Good information

18. Mesocyclone

Mesocyclone Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Titan SLI
    Hi Matt, is there allready an ETA for Vega crossfire? At least for the current crop of dx9-11 games?