can i fit this aio cooling in this case?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TyrantofJustice, Sep 16, 2016.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i want to fit the EK predator 360 in my corsair 780T case but im not sure if it will fit?

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  3. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

5. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    jura by how much do you think the 240 would lower my temps and can you link me to some good green led fans to go on the rad as to match my build please

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

All depends on case and depends on airflow of case,but usually difference between the good air cooler like is Phanteks(which you have) and Noctua NH-D15 plus Cryorig R1 Ultimate and Alpenfoehn Olymp(this one seems is best one in current market and from reviews) and Predator is around 3-6°C,but sometimes optimizing air flow of case is well worth to pursuit and with this you should lower current temps

How much Predator will lower temps on yours,not sure,I would try first optimize air flow and then try lower vcore etc and you should have better temps

Regarding good green fans,usually LED fans doesn't have best CFM,I'm not comparing company published data which are sometimes way off from actual performance on radiators or in obstructed space(like are HDD cages,filters)

Ek supplied fans EK Vardar are great fans and those are optimized and should work awesome on yours,I'm using their fan on my EVGA AIO and perform very nicely on Titan X

If you are looking on green colour scheme,have look on RGB lighting strips

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

7. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    well my 2 front fans are 140mm intake my 2 top 140mm fans are exhaust my 1 rear 140mm fan is exhaust so airflow is optimized ... so in your honest opinion do you think it is justified spending the 200 on the predator 240? i also want it so i can show off more of my system since my huge heatsink blocks everything. thanks

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Here is the 6700k OC to 4.5GHz on EK Predator 360

[​IMG]

Those temps looks awesome in my view on EK,but not every CPU,case is same

Thanks,Jura

9. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    idk man .... my cooler the highest i hit in gaming is 74C on a few cores and idel temps look the same as the pic you posted. and i am running at 4.6 at 1.34 not stable at anything under this voltage i tried

so the ek 240 might be worse?

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I will post thread over on OCN where is good thread how to optimze airflow of the case

In my view right now,you have too many intake fans and only one exhaust fan

Usually you want have two good intake fans(Phanteks fans have awesome performance with Thermalright TY-147A and those fans are quiet under 1200RPM) and one 140mm exhaust fan,something along those fans

If I would spend 200 on AIO right now,I don't know,I'm running Noctua NH-D15 on my 5820k and cools better my CPU than previous H100i,friend promised he will borrow me his EK Predator 360 for testing and I want to compare against my NH-D15 plus I will be getting too Oplymp cooler for testing and i will be doing big test and then I will see what I will get and what I will keep

Yes I know those big CPU coolers blocks amost everything,this is cons on most big a$$ coolers :wanker:

You can try get EK Predator and if you won't like it or yours temps will be not lower i will return back if its possible,can you check this with newegg

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

11. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    you say i only have 1 exhaust fan maybe you misunderstand ... i have 2 intake on front ... 2 outake on top and 1 outake on rear plus my psu is mounted fan down to draw cool air from under cas so i have 3 exhaust and 2 intake isnt that good?

12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

You are running lot more vcore than he is running and this can make difference in temps

I would try lower vcore and OC to 4.5GHz and test again in some benches and you will see if you will lower temps,you should have lower temps

I've switched to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste and my temps are lower than with other pastes

On yours 6700k you will benefit with deliding yours,have look on few guides,then yours temps will be lot lower under heavy load,I think 5-10°C is possible lower temps by deliding yours

Switching to EK Predator 240 not sure if you will benefit

At what RPM fans are you running on yours Phanteks?

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

13. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I thought so yours top fans are intake ? But if they're act as exhaust then there can be yours issue,can you try to disconnect them for time being and do few benches ? And compare what temps you will have ?

What ambient temps do you have?

If you have high ambient temps like 25-30°C then you can't expect low temps

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  15. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    well 25C to 27C is my ambient temps but it has been pretty warm in the house. but colder weather is coming and the heat will not be on that high in house so it should lower.

i know even with water cooling im not getting any more out of my cpu i really just kinda wanted to clean up the case and make it neater and show off parts for a cleaner build but i just can not really justify spending 200 on the ek website for the aio as it is 279 on newegg which is far worse.

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    That's bit high,did you tried to bench in night when outside is cooler ?

Yes colder weather would only help with lower temps and going with AIO just due the looks is up to you there

Agree with EK you will have cleaner look too and spending that kind of money on testing not sure

You need to decide there and if its worth,try first to optimize yours PC and then decide there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

17. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    thanks jura i have a big decision to make

18. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    how would these fans be cause i can buy the ek 240 for 150 usd then buy 2 of these for 24 usd and would have my green led lighting .... they claim to be radiator fans

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Have look if you have too many intake fans this can cause airblow which results,fans will blow everything from case and will not cool any component when cold air will travel around the case

Those fans don't have any colour,those are normal fans there..Yes those fans are radiator fans,for cases best fans are Phanteks and they don't cost too much and should be cost less than EK

On green lighting habe look on NZXT Hue or something similar

With any AIO or CLC you want exhaust not to use AIO radiator as intake

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    To optimize airflow just have more intakes than outtakes.

Or have less intakes at a higher rpm and have more outtakes at a lower rpm.

the more outtakes you have than intakes, creates negative air pressure inside the case meaning that air will be being pulled in through all the little gaps and air holes. Leading to a build up of dust.

Also, whoever tells someone to have their top fans as intakes obviously does not understand the laws of physics and that heat rises so its best to always have the top fans as outtakes.

As for your case the 360mm EK will fit only at the top without the use of the drivebays as the unit is longer as it has a build on D5 Lang pump and res on the end of the radiator.

I have the 240mm EK in my 780T and it fits perfectly fine on the top and keeps my 4770K @ 4.5GHz 1.24v under 70C full load for 6 hours. This is with ALL engergy saving features disabled.