HD Tv Tuner?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by IriSh`, Jun 30, 2008.

1. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB
    I know there a lot of great analog TV tuners available but does anybody know of a good TV tuner that receives a digital signal? I am putting together a build for someone and don't want to have to tell them to either buy a new card next year (due to the US converting all TV signals to digital in 2009) or that they have to buy a converter box for their card. Is there any good digital Tv Tuners on the market right now?

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ATI TV Wonder 600 USB or ATI 650 PCIe HD Tuner should do the trick, i dunno if ATI's new All In Wonder cards will include HD tuners or not

3. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB
    Thanks, I was thinking about an all-in-wonder product but since I'm not sure when its coming out I didn't think it would be an option.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti

5. bigflause

bigflause Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600 GT
  6. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB
    I am irish (of Irish heritage that is). I would pick up that card but it look like there are no North American retailers. :(

7. bigflause

bigflause Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600 GT
    ah you are the percentage Irish. I was asking because I live in Ireland and could tell you the exact one to get.

That was one thing that made me laugh when I lived in America. everyone would always tell me they where 50% Irish or 25%. lol

You guys must have some special heritage calculator. lol

8. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB
    Well its not tough to figure out depending on where your grandparents/ great grandparents are from. :p

9. IriSh`

IriSh` Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950 256MB