Resolution/Scaling Question

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by big_phil2005, Jun 19, 2008.

1. big_phil2005

big_phil2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6870 crossfire
    I have my desktop on 1920 x 1080 x 60Hz,

I have to use the NVidia control panel to scale down this resolution, as its marginally to large for my screen.
    My problem is that, if I play games at 1920 x 1080 they are NOT scaled and some of the things are off screen, normally menu options etc
    So my question is, Is there a way to scale the games to my screen properly?

Cheers

Big_phil2005

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. bigflause

bigflause Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9600 GT
    is there any option in your TV's menu to use 1:1 pixel mapping or full pixel, etc?

3. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    oops

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  4. the_cleric

the_cleric Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Oh I'm having the exact same problem on my projector actually.
    It's 720p, so I'm obviously using 1280x720. When I do that, things are off screen - so I used the Nvidia HDTV-resize-option in the Nvidia Control Panel and set it to 1240x700. Now there's nothing off-screen, but I have to set every game I want to play to that resolution. So you can try to use that as a workaround.

The projector is connected by DVI and no, there's no option for pixel mapping or full pixel... :(
    Bad thing is. Won't be able to try out anything else until august. (I'm @ university right now...about 400km from home)

edit:
    The projector's a Yamaha DPX-530

5. big_phil2005

big_phil2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6870 crossfire
    Unfortunately not, any other suggestions?

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    dude thanks alot, that's the reso im looking for, mine is also set auto 1280x720, and things are offscreen a little :)

7. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    Solution (below)****

I ran into the same problem when i got my 40inch SAmsung HDTV LCD panel and plug it to my PC. Everything was off and the scaling was really crappy.

To fix that do not alter your nvidia / Ati driver settings!!!!
    Instead go to the MENU of your HDTV and set the resolution of your HDTV to "JUST SCAN" (e.g for samsung tvs) and voila! not sure for other manufacturers but should be auto-detect. Basically, its a LCD/HDTV setting not anything else .

hope this helped ;)

8. Vbat

Vbat Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia (changes)
    My 47" HDTV has several settings. Overscan puts things offscreen. Fill, does the same thing. Setting it to Standard takes care of the problem. NeoElNino is right. The compy is the wrong place to do the adjustment. Like they said, it is the setting on the display unit itself that needs the adjustment.

-V- (cruisin' visibly)