need some hdtv tips

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by basel, Jun 2, 2008.

1. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    im really an ignorant when it come to hdtv stuff , just need some tips from u hdtv pros , is buyin a lcd hdtv like sony 32 v-series with the resolution of 1370*768 (forgive me if the resolution numbers arnt accurate) means i wont be able to go any higher than that resolution when playin pc games , cuz i have a plasma 42 lg and it sucks for pc the 1370*xxxx is the highest resolution it could get , i use it for my ps3 .:nerd:

2. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    someone gimme a single tip for crying out loud????

3. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    That's correct, the TV's maximum resolution is 1366 x 768 which means you wont get anything higher when playing games. If you want higher resolutions, I would suggest getting an LCD monitor instead. I believe Dell make some top quality 27" and above monitors.

4. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    If you want higher resolution get a 1080p lcd tv, those are the best for use in PC monitors as far as TV's go.

5. DmZ

DmZ Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260@285 Speeds
    Tip: You get what you pay for.

Before you reply, "Duh!", what I mean is do your research on the brands you are thinking about buying and make sure they not only have good customer support and warranties, but that they can also be fixed if something goes wrong...

Because a lot of cheap third-party HDTV manufacturers are entering the market right now, using cheap parts, the parts are proprietary and if the TV breaks down, it CAN'T easily be repaired and then you are out of a TV and the money you paid for it.

I don't have a list of brands to avoid, so stick to the well known ones like Sony, Vizio, etc. that are known for good quality. It might cost you extra, but it is well worth the investment for high-end items like this. In other words don't skimp, or you'll probably end up spending more in the long run...

6. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    planin to get a bravia 32 inch v series tv for 700$ after tomorrow , it is a good choice for both tv and ps3 right?

7. Bruciebaby

Bruciebaby New Member

GPU:
    zotac gForce 9600gt
    if you want quality for not much more go for the toshiba 37" Regza z series. 1080p 120htz 3hdmi true colour spdif out:nerd: