HDTV, what to get?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by ManofGod, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Ok, this is not your standard thread for the most part. Basically, right now I have a 2 year old 27 inch LCD HDTV that does not do HDCP. Also, I have an XBox 360 and and HTPC hooked up too it.

Now here is the thing, mostly, I just want a bigger screen size like 37 or 40 inch. In the HTPC, I only have an X850 Pro with 2GB of DDR400 ram and an AMD X2 4200+. Because of that, I could not realistically play games at better than 1366 x 768 anyways. (The HTPC is nice and quiet.)

I have been considering getting a 1080P resolution unit but I am not sure if I would even get much advantage out of it. (Considering what I would have hooked up to it.) Oh, and Bluray is not in my future yet until the Vista MCE supports it.

What do you guys think, would going with a 37 inch 720p unit be better or go with a 1080p cheap unit?

Joe

2. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Realistically, you wouldnt be gaming anywhere near 1360x768 with that x850 :p

IF you want the bigger screen then go for the 720p one, as you said you dont really have any need to take advantage of 19x10 and no plans for blu-ray in the near future.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008