High def switch

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by polisha, Jun 27, 2008.

1. polisha

polisha Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600gt XXX sli
    Hello everyone, wondering if anyone could give me a light on this one

so here goes: got ps3, xbox360 and a PC+tv tuner, on the other side a pc monitor, so i was trying to figure out how to integrate them all

1. if i use an a/v receiver i can plug xbox and ps3 through hdmi, but unsure how to send my pc's video signal and tell de receiver it has to use it paired with the audio coming

2. if i use hdmi i can plug all of them but cant split outgoing signal and dont know how to pair my pcs audio+video signal into one hdmi cable

3. use a pc/screen switch but thats even worse, as the outgoing audio is a pc stereo plug and cant even use composite/component cables from xbox/ps3

I though of using an a/v receiver for xbox360/ps3 and pc audio + a pc/screen switch to switch among pc video signal and the receivers video signal, so i would be using the receiver for full a/v from xbox/ps3 and just audio from pc and theres where i swicth from de video signal coming from the receiver to the one from the pc and i play video "directly" from my computer and audio through the receiver

is this ok or i have another option? thanks for at least redeading it

cheers