New User Needs Help

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Teron Ganor, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Teron Ganor

Teron Ganor New Member

GPU:
    Asus EN8400GS(GeForce 84)
    I am new to this, I apologize in advance if i sound stupid or have placed this thread in the wrong area.

Video Card: ASUS EN8400GS 512MB (GeForce 8400)
    Card Driver: 178.13

When i stumbled upon RivaTuner with my frankenstein computer (Xp SP2) I was elated. I was able to OC my video card wonderfully with the Guide for 2.0, However I have since moved on to a more...shall we say, modern? computer (Vista SP1) and have just gotten a new Video Card. When opening RivaTuner i do not have the option, (Low-level or Driver-level) to alter the clock speed of my Card as shown below. I have searched the guide and some other threads for what seems to me a maddeningly simple answer to my question but still to no avail :bang:. I am assuming, (read in the guide that if you have drivers over 100 you will have to set up something in the power users.) that it should be a simple setting change within the Power Users Tab. I have attempted to force drivers as guided to do (setting the column on the right to 17813 and checking it) but after restarting RivaTuner i still do not have the graphics card options in the customize menu.

[​IMG]

I love the software and would like to OC my Card until i can get something better. Can anyone provide me with any insight? Is my card just not able? If it is, how can i access those menus? Is it Vista? Any Help is appreciated. Once again i apologize for any ignorance on my behalf and also for the length of this post...

Thanks again!

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    My guess is RT disables those features that your card can not use. What was the card in your old system?

3. Teron Ganor

Teron Ganor New Member

GPU:
    That's what i was afraid of... my old Card was an NX6200AX 256 MB and that one worked fine which led me to that reasoning. I heard someone mention EXPERTool on the forums to solve a similar problem, any advice?

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply!

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Never used Xpert tool or any other OC'ing tool (except coolbits) so I couldn't tell ya.

5. Teron Ganor

Teron Ganor New Member

GPU:
    Thank You again for your help Boogieman!

FYI I downloaded, and started using, EXPERTools and so far have a 20 fps jump! :thumbup: I was able to OC pretty far.. (well i think its far :) but i am a :newb:)

In case anyone else is wondering what kind of results i got out of my card:

Core Clock - 567(Stock) - 680(OC)
    Memory Clock - 500(stock) - 585(OC)
    Shader Clock - 1400(Stock) - 1703(OC)

These are conservative results as anything over 690 Core Clock or 595 Memory made things a little unstable when running games such as TES Oblivion at "Ultra High" settings for too long. Keeping it at the above limits seemed to have kept things stable. :rock:

Thanks again for all your help Boogieman, I hope this helps anyone else looking for a similar solution with this card...heavens knows i couldn't find one :3eyes:

*P.S.Any thoughts on the OC? Is that a good jump? Fps went up fairly well from onboard graphics but that is a no brainer...*

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008