System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Astralogic, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Astralogic

Astralogic Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
    Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Could be a dodgy board, but fwiw try booting with 1 stick of ram and see what happens. And remove all usb devices plugged into it. Also replug the HD into another sata port.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. Astralogic

Astralogic Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
    Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Which is still annoying and shows there's something wrong, but if it works besides that, it's a software problem I'd say, maybe some BIOS tweaking with turning off some stuff.

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Yeah it sounds like it is pausing trying to start something or detecting something and it's timing out.Just have the basics connected and look through the bios for any settings like network boot and see if it makes a difference.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Make sure things like memory clocks and timings and voltage are set correctly for the hardware, maybe auto settings are not kicking in correctly

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    gat latest mobo bios from gigabyte site.