Battlefield 4 Joke?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Auradesru, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Auradesru

Auradesru Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 270x
    I've literally been fighting this game since I bought it 1 month after release. There has never been a time where this game worked perfectly without crashing or stuttering. This game is so bad that I feel like EA should refund everyone who bought this game. I'm not posting this in the AMD section because I fixed one of the BF4 problems I've been having. However, after lowering my GPU core clock to 1070 compared to 1140. I've just been having terrible issues with BF4 messing with my Memory and Disk Usage. Everytime I start up BF4. The disk usage goes up 100% and then 3 min into teh game the memory starts 100%. Then the game becomes insanely unplayable as it stutters and changes the fps insanely fast. Never have I ever been so angry at a game in my life for performance issues.
    How does one fix this problem with BF4 using up memory and Disk.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the worse experience i ever had in gaming was with bf4 and it's crashes, wow, so many folks the same too.
    perhaps your psu isn't up to the gaming rig you've built there.

3. Auradesru

Auradesru Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 270x
    500W should be enough
    I literally have my I7 underclocked to 3.6 ghz and everything is under 75C.
    Nothing overheated

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Reminds me of a problem I had during BF4 beta:
    Randomly, out of nowhere, it literally made my SSD "disappear" from the OS, needing a reboot to fix it. Back then I was sure it was only caused by BF since it never happend with any other game, but if it did, it was always with BF.
    It changed with a beta update, so I never have been able (or needed) to find out what was causing that problem for me.

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Can you try to disable Origin layer in game ?

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Hmm it could be your Power Supply but it is highly unlikely since you are running only a r9 270x.

What graphical settings are you running the game at?

Your graphics card could be the problem.

7. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Definitely do this, Origin in-game causes glitches in several games.

8. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I cant even get bf4 to run these days... one day, the fps was suddently down to less than 5 (was capped at 60 before), and complete game reinstall, driver reinstalls etc hasnt fixed it.

My rig is in the sig, and should be capable of a bit more than 5 fps (unless its at 8k res).

9. Auradesru

Auradesru Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 270x
    It couldn't be power supply. My CPU is underclocked along with the GPU..
    Literally disabled turbo boosting and hyperthreading and changed the cpu's core clock to 3.6 ghz. Literally an I7 running at I5 performance. I also changed the GPU's core clock from 1140 to 1070. I run most of my settings on medium to get the best fps.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Then I would try what other posters suggest with Origin-In Game.

11. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    if you want some performance back and hardly any loss in visuals from what i can see or tell then turn post process to low and restart the game.
    you'll be glad you did.

12. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    BF4 gives me more problems than any other game combined in my life! I'm now getting some weird crash with a directx box that pops up. I just started getting this bug for the first time a few weeks ago. I've done everything to fix it thats on the net, no luck. And then theres the stutter/freezes that occur at random. Its fun to play, but such a headache at the same time. Something wrong always happens when I play it.

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    At the risk of repeat myself, and ofc if you have not try it allready, disable origin in game layer... peoples who had the DirectX "pops up" was caused by this.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The writing was on the wall with BF3, not sure why you guys keep buying the crap EA makes.

15. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    We have similar rigs and it's smooth as butter for me and frames are never under 100, perhaps time to reinstall your os?

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I absolutely agree with you, everybody should make his own decision there. I went to play BF4 although I suffered through BF3 from day 1 to BF4 release, and I'm to blame myself... yet it's just ridiculous that they haven't been able to properly make origin work after years now, or battlelog for that matter, and we don't want to talk about the game itself, because everything else is just the tip of the iceberg...

17. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I have it disabled in game. Thanks for the info though. I've had it disabled for a long time now. Strange thing is even though I have it disabled when I log onto a server for BF4 and Alt-tab out to desk top I see in the lower right and corner of my toolbar origin Icon is still running. But in Origin options its the box for origin to run in game is not checked. I still get this error..

18. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Meh, i dont care enough about the game to bother doing that - i hardly play it tbh.

Regardless, just seemed VERY wierd... from one day to another, my performance was 1/20 of what it was the day before.