G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
  2. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    Can someone tell me how to reinstall skyrim? I really dislike steam. I had few mods installed many months ago.. now i want to play and i cant because mods prevent me to play the game. I really have no idea how to make game clean of all trash :)

3. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm having issues after changing water mods... I was using 'RWT' which was good, but suffered some bugs, to 'WATER' which resolves the issues I had with RWT but causes other problems, with areas of water missing in rapids/short falls. I've tried using a 'clean save' technique but the problem persists, and the only way to correct it is going back to RWT.

Even going back to completely default water gives me missing sections.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a way to correct it?.. it seems some info is stored in the saves that causes it, so even reinstalling everything won't help.

[​IMG]

4. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Make sure everything is removed from Steam>steamapps>commom>skyrim>data. Uninstalling the game may not remove stuff put there by mods, so they maybe still active on a clean install.

Remove old saves if your starting fresh from documents>mygames>Skyrim... as I'm finding above, some mods cause issues.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

5. I am completely immersed in this right now -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik75eYQgjWk&list=UUsbpoCSaSKtzE67SaWOEJtQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Finally recorded with FRAPS instead of the usual iphone camera

Did a full resolution capture of 1368x760 but had to cut fps limit down a lot to keep the video from being too large and taking a week to upload to Youtube.

Limited the fps to 20 so looks much less smooth as it does for me normally (usually around 35'ish while the heavy rain is going on, 45-60 without the rain). Have a truck load of mods installed to increase Texture Resolution, Mesh Quality, LoD Quality and the list goes on and on.

Running the game on my 9800m gts and an x9100 dual core off my 64gb Samsung SSD.

6. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    1. Verify cache integrity

2. Right-click on Skyrim in steam and choose backup (steam only backs up the original files).

3. Uninstall the game from within steam.

4. Delete the entire skyrim directory (mods and stuff will still be left over).

5. Restore the backup you made earlier.

7. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    i havent played skyrim in quite a while, so was just wondering what are really the essential mods to download for this game? im thinking graphics overhauls perhaps some gameplay overhaul to make it a bit more balanced overal?

last time i got around to playing, was when the 4gb fix came out, so not sure what would be best, I know there are usually personal preferences but ive seen some screenshots in the screenshot thread, and in this thread, perhaps any fixes for extra performance? fix for quests and items or just some cool items?

not interested in the ENB series though so wish to avoid that.

cheers

8. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    thank you guys.. also there is some kind of workshop in steam.. i browsed, and i picked a "collection of skyrim mods" i subscribed and now im thinking what does it take to install it all?
    Using old way skyrim nexus and downloading everything separately?

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Best thing would be to check out skyrim nexus and steam workshop (or just one of them, I use both) and go to top 100 mods by downloads/endorsment, usually the best and "essential" ones are in the top 20. :)

I'm not that fond of ENB either, too much of a hassle and it breaks with every patch.

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    To those of you who've done all you wanted to do in the game and are just screwing around/modding and such, I HIGHLY recommend you check out the Leveler's Tower. Even if you've no intention of using the ridiculous exploits within, the level of detail here is astonishing. The author obviously put a huge amount of thought and care into every element - really amazing stuff!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14152

@Quaker - Steam handles the installation of mods from the Workshop. All you do is subscribe.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anyone else can't see themselves replaying Skyrim? Even if it has the best mod support out there...

12. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    thanks very much, will have a look :)

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    nope not me, maximum replay value :banana:

14. Can't see myself finishing the game within the year honestly... Been playing since December 2011 almost every day and haven't even touched the main quest yet.

My in game character, Andros (who was my original character in Oblivion, first game where I found liberty in an RPG) and he's spent 3-4 months in Skyrim so far... almost the same amount of time I've spent on it in RL lol

First two months I just looked for profit where I could without joining guilds or doing the main quest and there is PLENTY to do. Now with mods such as WiS, Civil War sims and other population mods there is so much more going on around Skyrim.

Eventually I got infected with Vampirism and I've joined the Thieves guild to possibly help me find clues as to a powerful enough soul gem to undo Vampirism (although I know I just need a black soul gem with a greater soul, I just want to RP it that way) which will eventually lead me to the Assassin's guild, which I can't wait to join :)

Just finished the Thieves guild main quest and got Clavicus Vile's mask. My character is looking like a mad evil Vampire lord... kinda makes me feel like batman haha.

Here's a short vid of my character http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik75eYQgjWk&list=UUsbpoCSaSKtzE67SaWOEJtQ&index=1&feature=plcp

15. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

16. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i just recently got back into playing Skyrim. since now there are a whole lot more mods and are polished. it's more enjoyable second time around with mods.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Will definitely play again, probably a few times over the next year or 2, taking my time rather than intense sessions.
    There are different styles of play and different characters, each have some different missions.

I am still on my first playthrough, almost unmodded and havent watched too closely how good it can look.
    My next playthrough will use the very best mods that are stable, cant wait.
    I've been as nice a player as I can, next playthrough I'll be a complete git :D

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    No, I have worked so much on my character and followers/wife appereance/gear, decorating homes with stuff, and still have TONS of quests to do, very early in main quests. I'm sitting at over 150+ hours in this single playtrough, there is no NEED to replay it, since it basically never ends, and with mods you can change your perks/appereance w/e if you want to change things, so... no need. :nerd:

19. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Compared to any other current day game, for me the replay value has been great.

I've finished the main quest line at least 6 times without any mods what so ever.
    Have played it as a sneaky thieving distant coward.
    Played it as a fearless honorable up close and personal
    Played is as a master of magic and wisdom.
    Played it as anything goes mixture.
    Played it stalling the main quest line as much as possible and doing as many side quests and exploring the different outcomes of choices along the way.
    Played it trying to direct path the main quest and avoiding as many side quests as possible.

Must admit I haven't touched the game for almost a month.
    ME3 totally turned me off of all gaming in general, but my next hardware upgrade will probably get me back into the swing of gaming again...
    Probably one of the first games I'll play once upgraded will be Skyrim with mods this time round :)

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah, in like 10 years time.

Not something I would play again anytime soon (or even complete, still got the brotherhood), so bland after 40 or so hours.

I'll play it of course for any future dlcs.