Jetflo 120 cooler master

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by stevevnicks, Oct 28, 2014.

1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    few days ago while I was in my local maplins I saw the jetflo 120 fans so I decided to buy 1 to replace a low power fan, to behonest a fan is a fan to me .. so are these jetflo's worth £15 each or is there a better fan for the money ?

features are :

POM bearing
    smart engine
    shock absorbing
    advanced blade design
    high airflow 95CFM
    800-2000 rpm

2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    What are you using these fans for? If you plan on using them for a liquid cooler I would be careful because those fans have a bit of juice that goes through them when they first turn on and that causes to damage to the pump. If you are using them as standard fans then you will be ok. Not a bad price for those fans.

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    there just for normal case venting, I ended up buying another four. they seem very well built too, they have a nice weight to them.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    These are quite clearly to rival Corsairs SP/AF LED fans which are dominating the fan market. My whole case is kitted out with them.

Whilst these Cooler Master Jetflow fans are amazing on paper. At 95cfm, 2000rpm, and 35db I would hate hear them in person.

Corsair AF LED 120 fans spin at 1500rpm and only generate 28db they are extremely quiet even at full speed I have THREE of them in front of my Corsair Air 540 case and they provide excellent cooling. I also have the AF 140 as a rear exhaust which only spins I think around 1250rpm but also is extremely quiet and chucks a lot of air out. I then also have 2 SP 140's on my NZXT X61 which spin around 1550rpm and generate great airflow through the radiator. My 4770K @ 4.5GHz during 5 hours of gaming never exceeds 60C. Whilst rendering a video using Handbrake it never exceeds 66C.

Although I will say the Corsair fans are pretty expensive for what they are. I like it that companies like Cooler Master are trying to compete with them. All competition is good competition.

Also... why the hell did you shop in Maplin? The prices in there are ludicrous for a lot of the things and the staff are about the dumbest around only beaten by the idiots they got working in PC World :p

5. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    it the only place really left in town that has stock in shop most the little shops don't hardly stock anything and what they do is cheap OEM type crap, so I have no choice other than maplins, cant order online if I walk in a shop and they got what I want then I buy it if they don't have it then I don't buy it lol ...

and yea if wined these fans up to 2000rpm they sure let you know about it but that's only due to the small case venting holes where the air is being pushed through, if I take fan out of case it not as loud as you might think, but they never really go above 800 -1200rpm so cant hear them anyway.

there's a fair bit of tech in these little fans like:

low starting voltage
    fan jam protection
    dust and water resistant
    polarity proof
    vibration and noise rubber pads with embedded steel thread
    POM bearing 160,000 hour life expectancy

[​IMG]

my case has 5 of them installed 1 bottom case, 1 rear case, 2 top case, 1 front case.

[​IMG]

the corsair SP120's are half the CFM of these jetflo's

jetflo 120 95CFM at 2000rpm max 36db static pressure 2.6mmAg bearing 160,000 hours

jetflo 120 CFM(not sure)at 1600rpm max 28db (adapter)

jetflo 120 CFM (not sure)at 1200rpm max 19db (adapter)

corsair sp120's 57.24CFM at 1650rpm max 26.4db static pressure 1.46mmH20 warranty 17,520 hours

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/air-series-sp120-led-red-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan-twin-pack

or these ones

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/air-se...rmance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014