HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    i thought of finding one for PES 2014 (15) since thats on the Fox engine. Im trying haha. That or maybe a Shadow of Mordor. and Far Cry 2 might work since its DX10

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    -Antichamber-
    0x0000002F
    Been meaning to put this up for a while.

It's not perfect, but it meshes with the game very well!
    Particularly in dark/black areas http://i4.minus.com/iUlZwv8fmV52p.png it could be described as banding-like or blob like and works to the benefit of the game's minimalistic art style imo!

Remember to rename UDK.exe to something else so you can add it to a profile! you'll either have to re-add the newly named .exe to steam or just play from a shortcut!

I'm also using a custom SweetFX profile as well , Gaussian Blur,Film Grain,Lift Gamma Gain> Download Link if you like

On
    Off

Some more shots
    http://i.minus.com/iKQgXHmlIf2wK.png
    http://i.minus.com/i47HctDK0BFyM.png
    http://i.minus.com/iNyJqVQW4rUJV.png
    http://i.minus.com/i4280w0m1qSQ5.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    As long as the game uses DX10 as a minimum, any of the DX1x flags should work theoretically. :)

4. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Would it being x64 have any effect?

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    No. It shouldn't. See the post for Strider for example> that is a DX11/x64 only game. Works fine.

6. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Wanted to check if anyone got a successful try at The Elder Scrolls Online in the end. While the game has nice graphics as it is for a MMO, HBAO+ would always be a bonus.

7. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Anyone tried finding a flag for Lords of the Fallen?

8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    No matter how many times you guys ask these types of questions, the answer is always going to be the same.
    Finding AO flags is hard work, and typically very time consuming (even for experienced users).
    But we all have the same basic tools (i.e. the AO bit value editor in NVIDIA Inspector) at our disposal ;)
    Please try some basic AO flags for yourself and report your experiences before posting these requests.

On a different note, I found a DX9 HBAO+ flag "0x00000026" for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10468206&postcount=6198
    I also found an DX11 SLI profile "0x080000F5" for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, in case anyone is interested: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10466902&postcount=1854

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Does anyone know a working flag for Dragon Age 2 dx9 mode? Stock flag doesn't seem to work.

EDIT:
    0x0000000E is probably the best so far but some issues in conversations.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  10. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    The game has an official flag that works well enough. Turn it on and put shadows to high to disable in-game AO. I tested some flags a while back, but I found the original to be good enough for me. It has a little flickering in some scenes, but that seems to be a problem in almost every dx10/11 game I've forced AO in. You can test them yourself if you'd like, I can't remember which ones I tried. Any flag newer than LotF is one I didn't test for sure. There are only like, 15 DX10/11 flags lol. It won't take much time for you to experiment with at all.

11. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  12. fubar2niner

fubar2niner Guest

GPU:
    2x580 GTX / 1536 MB GDDR5
    Anyone have anything for Silent Hunter 3?

Best regards.

fubar2niner

13. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

How does one go about finding the custom flags for unlisted games?

15. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    It's all written in the first post.

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never mind.

17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Could you please make some screenshot comparisons of this?
    Then we can add it to the HBAO+ list.
    Which other AO flags did you try?

18. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    I tried Tera a while back and every flag that "worked" had really bad flickering, at least on Windows 8.1. I'll test it again at some point just to be sure. I remember the solution to the flicker was to completely turn shadows off or to turn it low enough that dynamic shadows were no longer used. Again, I'll test it at some point and report back.

Edit: I should also add that I was testing while forcing SGSSAA as well, so that may have affected it. The in game AA is abysmal and actually blurs some UI elements, so SGSSAA is the only solid option.

Edit 2: I can confirm that the flag does still flicker on driver 347.09 (WHQL). I tested both with and without SGSSAA enabled and adjusted graphics settings in game as well. It flickers no matter what. This is on Windows 8.1. If anybody on Windows 7 wants to test it out, go for it. The flicker is camera specific it seems, and it happens often, so I wouldn't recommend using it unless someone tests it with Win 7 and results say otherwise.

19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I see, thanks for the feedback :)

20. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    Anyone try the SSAO shader in ReShade yet? While certainly not perfect I've been able to force SSAO in games that were previously impossible plus it works with DX8-11 and OpenGL games. Hopefully this matures over time.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015