Very low results on Savage 2000!

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by berdi, Jul 11, 2002.

1. berdi

berdi Guest

As I suspect Savage 2000 is faster card than Riva TNT 2... Unfortunetaly, I got less frames per second on this card in comparison with my good old Riva TNT 2.

For example 3DMARK2001:

RivaTNT2 - 1103
    Savage2k - 830 :(

Can anyone help me, plz?? :(
    There is for sure some solution!!

2. DarkValmar

DarkValmar Guest

thas cause its slower then the TNT2.... IF i rember right the Savage chip came out around with the Voodoo II and the TNT1, and the improvements on its varying advances were not very great. the TNT2 is def faster. dunno i think there was 4 diff Savages, none out performing a voodoo3 witch is slightly faster then the TNT2, first chip to support texture compression tho.....

3. RicardoMPX

RicardoMPX Guest

Savage2000 is the last desktop chip rolled out by S3 before VIA purchased 1/2 of the graphic department of S3.

This chip is among the 1st one to have hardware Transform and Lighting engine on it. Because of the poor driver, it performs poorly. I remembered Anandtech said when T&L were enabled, performance dropped 30%.
    but it has iDCT hardware assist (DVD playback acceleration), and many many other hardware features.........it is the poor driver that ruins it all.

you can still find its latest driver from https://ranger.s3graphics.com/

username and password: archive