Audio source 2 stutter

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Wolfram23, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Wolfram23

Wolfram23 Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire Sapphire 5850
    Hey guys I'm having an issue. I think Afterburner's recording is the best software out there, except that I can't record my microphone!

Basically, whatever is set to source 1 works fine. Whether it's WASAPI playback, recording, auto-select, or direct sound. They all work fine as source 1.

Whatever I set to source 2, however, stutters. It will basically play a small amount of the audio and stutter it a few times, then play a new clip and stutter it, etc. I've tried all sorts of settings to fix this, with "downmix to stereo" on and off, stereo rip, stereo mix, and "mix multiple audio tracks" on and off.

Currently running MJPG compression, 75% quality, full frame and multithreaded optimization automatic.

My audio setup is an AuzenTech Bravura sound card. PC has an i5 750 at 4ghz, 8gb RAM, and a pair of 5850 GPUs. I'm recording to a pair of 7500rpm HDDs in RAID 0.

Any help of fixing this issue is appreciated.

I should note that if I select the microphone to be audible in my headphones (so I hear myself speak) then it will record fine, but I can't do that. It's way too distracting to hear myself speak.

Update: Although I know I tried not mixing tracks, it seems it will now work. Settings are auto select for source 1 and 2, downmix to stereo, stereo rip, and mix audio tracks not selected. Playback in VLC seems to work with manual audio track selection.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012