Using GPU and CPU ?

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Covert, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Is there any benefit from using both GPU and CPU at the same time for Folding ?

if not which would be best to use my quad core or GPU ?

EDIT: Forget it, my electric bill will be sky high if i have this running on either.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Well, first off, a nvidia gpu would probably be better for folding. I've heard that even though ati's cards upto par (or above) nvidia, the folding sucks on 'em.

3. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Folding on your gpu would give you more ppd and more wu's completed.
    If you did go for folding on both gpu and cpu then use the SMP client (or NOtFreds VM client) as they will give you more ppd over the standard cpu client..

4. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    with the new 2.17 core on the win smp im getting 10,400 ppd on a q9550 @4 Ghz the 260 OC is getting 9500ppd so the smp is getting better ppd now in my case

5. RotVik

RotVik New Member

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 9800GT EE 1GB
    I think u can have 2 or more machines folding... so u can configure one to fold on your GPU and another one folding on you CPU at the same time on the same computer... even more if you have more than one Grafic Card... refer to the F.A.Q 's

Cheers

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I say GPU folding. It takes full advantage of the card while I find the CPU clients lacking. I run GPU folding on my rig whenever I'm not gaming. I turn it off before I start a game and then rerun it when I'm done.

deltatux