Sprint AirRave and WRT54G2 Linksys. Having problems connecting.

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by slimcand, Jun 28, 2010.

1. slimcand

slimcand Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 Gt 512
    Hello, long time no talk. Need some professional help as this has stumped me.
    Sprint sent me the Air rave to help the cell signal in the house. But I can't get it to connect thru my router as only the orange light illuminates (occasional green blink) when I connect. Take out the router and no problem. I just upgraded the firmware on the router.. But im at the end of my rope. There are too many unknown settings when I access the router and I know there's something that I must do.
    I do have the security enabled on the network...
    The middle button on the middle of the router do anything when I connect the airrave to allow it to speak with the network?

2. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    The router has a pseudo firewall called NAT. Since the outside world only see's the first IP address after the modem due to nat, you must set up port forwarding. Find out what port this device utilizes and designate what the port range needs to be and designate a static IP. IE: 192.168.100.1:50 to 192.168.1.156. to simplify, its like having an address to an apartment which has its own building address and the port is like the sublet address.