FS2004 freezes the right eye with 45.23

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by svehogst, Sep 12, 2003.

1. svehogst

svehogst Guest

The right eye freezes with 45.23 and FS2004

I know this sounds strange.
    I have WinXP SP1 with DirectX9, Nvidia 45.23, both graphic and stereo drivers. Creative 3D-Blaster 4 Titanium 4400. And wireless E-D Glasses.
    With antialiasing set to 4xS, it is almost impossible to use 3-D. Even in "test-mode" in the drivers setup, the right eye freezes, or locks up. And it is difficult to have the right eye with an undisturbed monitor.
    With all antialiasing turned off, I still have problems with FS2004 and 2002, the right eye freezes on the monitor, while the left continue to update the sim. I think FS2002 was superb in 3-D before I installed FS2004. It all works nice in 2-D. Combat Flight sim 3 and Colin McRae 3 workes fine in 3-.D, too.
    A new install of the 3-D-driver did not help. I have tried lots of different settings with antialiasing and vsync and resolutions, but nothing helps.
    I use two monitors, but this has not been a problem before....
    Thanks for helping.
    S.H.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2003
  2. RAGEdemon

RAGEdemon Guest

GPU:
    GeForce4 Ti4600
    I have experienced a similar phenomenon when usning 2 monitors. From what i have managed to work out, the monitor you are using 3D with has to be set as Primary and be plugged into the non-digital port.

3. wladimirT

wladimirT Guest

Did you try older driver versions (44 or 43 series) and 43.series of stereodriver? (anyway: antialiasing is not comatible with (NVIDA)3D (the 45.series seem to give problems).
    wladimirT

4. svehogst

svehogst Guest

OK, now it all works. The beautiful stereowiev of the flightsims are a pleasure! After removing the Nvidia-drivers some times (!!!!!!?) with help of the Detonator-rip and the DriverCleaner, it suddenly (!?) worked. I had to turn off antialiasing ,thanks for the help, wladimirT. The antialiasing was turned off before, too, but it looks like something remembered it, was not removed even though the drivers were. Strange, but the plain in the "Create a Flight" still suffers from the problem described above, but that really does not matter.
    Thank You for Your help.

5. wladimirT

wladimirT Guest

Thank you for a message,
    Could you tell me, which driver you now use? And also where you can get the software to clean the detonators?

In my FS 2004 stero doesnt work 100%. I have to fumble with the stereoseparation )cockpit less separation, spot view much more, otherwise the plane seems sometimes behind the background.

The ED helpdesk cannot explain this, they say that it is a software defect in FS2k4, which was hastely accomplished .
    Thanks for further info
    WladimirT

6. svehogst

svehogst Guest

I am using 45.23 .
    How to uninstall nvidia-drivers, and where to download "Driver Cleaner" and "Detonator R.I.P.", You can find here;

Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA Drivers Section > How to properly uninstall detonators/catalysts

The stereo seperation in FS2004 cockpit are very big, so You have to adjust it with Ctrl F3, or wait till youre eyes get used to it. What happens when the plane looks to fly behind the scenery, I really dont know. Good luck, have a nice day.
    S.H.