for consideration

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by SLI-756, Feb 12, 2014.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I just started with this car share, there's four of us, tonight one of the guys was a dick so I said to the other fella (one of the guys was off) I said that when the week to drive in is the dick's turn i'm just gonna drive myself in.
    thoughts?

2. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Thoughts... Well, I think you're asking for trouble. What did he do that made him a "dick"?

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    first lets discuss first things first,

ok I will drive myself in, but when it's my week to drive i'll drive in the dude that was a tosh too of course. there's no bad feelings between us. so am I still asking for trouble?

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Buy your own car?

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    ^

btw, I didn't know there communism society within Scotland :p

6. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I think so, yes. The guy will know you've got a problem with him, so he may turn around and say that he wants to drive in on his own when it's your turn, and blah blah blah...

If there aren't bad feelings now, do you not think there will be when you tell him that you don't want a lift because he's a dick?

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    he wouldn't let me open the window when I was sitting in back seat, not even an inch
    I have allergies and I get headaches with the air freshners in cars so I like a window open a lil'
    we all have cars, each week we take a turn driving to and from the place of work.

8. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    So, why don't you try talking to him first? Tell him you need the window open a little because of your allergies...

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    they all know.
    although this guy is polish with not much English skills, one of those that's been here a decade and can't string a sentence together
    I tried from the back seat when I jumped in the car to open the window with the electric switch but it was disabled, so I complained and the guy done f all and mentioned some bs about it being like that cause of his kid.
    so yeah it could have been opened a lil from the front, what an ass.

10. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    If I were you, I'd tell him again. When you're all together tomorrow (or tonight, whatever) ask him clearly in front of everybody to open the window at the back a little because you are uncomfortable.

If he refuses, say quite clearly that you will be unable to travel in the car without the window being open a little.

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    So just do the same to him. Make him sit in the back, enable the child safety locks on the door and the windows. Fair is fair.

Your way seems like you are being a pussy.

It is winter though and opening a back window does cause a draft which smacks the people in the front seat in the back of the head with cold air, explain your allergies to him?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  12. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    If he acts like a dick that doesn't justify your thinking that if you act same way he is that would resolve a problem. Things can only go worse after that...

Take him to a pub after work and drink a few beers with him. A few alcohol based drinks can resolve problems and brake all language barriers between you and him, you'll speak polish and he'll speak english without accent :)

If he refuses to take a drink with you alone try to go there with him and ather two guys. If he refuses again then something is wrong with him, normal behaving person wouldn't refuse that, maybe has a lack of social culture, problems in childhood, who knows what else...

Just don't try to fight with his problems and don't try to be his psychiatrist. If nothing helps it's better to avoid people like him, there are much worthy things in life to spent your time and brain cells for .

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you've all been very very helpful, thanks for the views, people. life goes on. :)

14. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Fart. Window open in 3...2...1

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Or will be thrown out the car for complaining. :D

[​IMG]

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    [​IMG]

17. mjw

mjw Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB SC
    [​IMG]

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Drive yourself and tell him why - if he asks.

If he doesn't ask, he doesn't care enough and you have been proved right about his nature.

You could lie and say you do not feel safe and secure in his car, but suspect most would know that's bs.

Reductive logic ftw

19. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    I can imagine another thread in another forum somewhere in this huge internet land that says:

"I just joined this care share group and turned out one of them is an ******* who keeps on asking me to open the back window. He doesn't know that....... (fill in his reasoning)"

Just kidding :D

I think if you guys already trust each other to do this care share, then telling him that you won't be joining in his car won't be a problem. Just tell him lightly with your reasons, and assure him you'll drive him to his destination when it's your turn.

He'll be happy because there would be one guy less for him to drive

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    haha

got it sorted folks, with a little help from my friends :p, turns out as the chap hasn't the best English he didn't know about my allergies, this I suspected I guess and I guess it was my fault not getting it straight yesterday with him but he was driving away already at time I was trying to open up so ..
    anyways yeah, I was out for a while but on way back home we straightened it out.
    thanks again.