Widows 7 Updates

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by kens30, Nov 9, 2013.

1. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I was just wondering about the optional updates.
    Does anyone here install them all? and if so which ones?
    I am mostly interested in the Platform Update if it has any negative effects to gaming in particular.
    BTW is anyone here aware of update KB2775511 that is a compilation of hotfixes that improve stability and for some reason it doesn't appear in Windows Update.
    I have it installed without any issues.I suggest if anyone is interested to check it out..

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Most of them you just apply some common sense. If you don't use a camera on your PC you obviously don't need an update that fixes using cameras on PC's.

And I'm assuming you are talking about this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838? It gave some problems when it first came out with older drivers, and only in some rare games. Which I believe are gone now for some time.

And I feel like I'm pointing out the obvious here, but you don't need rollup updates of hotfixes if you already have all the updates in the rollup. It's a common practice, mostly to prevent headaches on new installations.
    If you are paranoid, you can install it anyway of course.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    "An enterprise hotfix" means for IT-departments of big companies.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't have any issues with that platform update and I can't notice any effect from it other than having the ability to install IE 10 or 11. BF3 users back then complained of some weird problem but that's all I remember.

I only install what appears in Windows Update and they're pretty self explanatory and don't harm the PC unless the update itself was botched (v v rare).