Stereo headset advice

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by archie123, Jun 10, 2017.

1. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    My gaming headset has died . Im looking for something new , stereo is fine i dont want to install any software to get pseudo 7.1 i dont see the point , but i do need a built in mic for chatting ingame . I know nothing aout headsets and dont want to spend a 100 quid on a flashy gaming headset when i can get similar quality for half the price. Can anyone recommend anything? Ive been looking at the hyper x cloud 2 pro and the logitech g231

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If you're open to using a desktop or clip on mic, it'd increase your options by a fair margin. Given your listed mobo, you've actually got pretty decent onboard (ALC1150) so you'll not need to worry much about needing an AMP or what have you for certain sets of cans.

What do you intend to use the headphones for, just gaming or music and movies also? Is noise cancellation important? What's your budget?

3. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ill be using onboard audio , using mainly for gaming , noise cancelling would be a plus but not essential, never thought of a seperate mike i could certainty look into that. I can goto £100 without upsetting the wife so that would be my top line :)

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I personally use a desktop mic alongside the cans listed in my profile, people don't have a problem hearing me. You can get one for around £10 or less, or even a clip on style for the same price.

Something akin to the DT770's would be a great option, noise cancelling with great sound. It's the upper end of your budget but having used them myself I rate them quite highly against most other closed back cans.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/m...-18-2016-mrspeakers-ether-c-1-1-added.534479/

Is definitely worth a look over, it'll list multiple options within your price range.

5. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Grado makes excellent stereo headphones. If you care about audio quality, you'll probably want to specifically avoid gaming headsets.

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If he wants to go Grado he's best off importing an Alessandro product, they're pretty expensive in the UK. Although I wouldn't recommend most Grado cans for gaming, especially the lower end which are within his budget.

I've imported a few sets from Alessandro, they're great products and for like for like drivers it works out cheaper importing them to the UK than it does buying straight up Grado equivalents. Or at least it did when I bought them, it's worth checking to be sure.

7. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Thanks :) i can get the dt770 for 106 on amazon , i see it comes in 32 ohm do i get that or the 80? I may also use these with my phone. , which one would be best for gaming? I also found the audio technica ad 500x what do you think to that one?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I haven't heard the 32ohm version of the DT770's, I'd recommend looking up some comparisons before taking the plunge.

Audio Technica have some fantastic products, but do hold in mind that the cans you're looking at are open back so they'll leak a lot of sound.

9. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Yeah open back isnt an option my pc is in our bedroom , second child took my man cave ! So im lookig at dt770 and the mx50x . Trying to decide is a nightmare ha ha thanks for the advice

10. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I have ordered some DT770's from amazon 80 ohm , £106 Thanks for the help :)

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Be sure to let us know what you think once they arrive!

12. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    will do :)

13. Jdaisy

Jdaisy Guest

GPU:
    Dell Studio/ 8:00 GB
    Well not really a gaming headset but the Jabra move is a nice headset but it sounds like the Jabra Evolve 65 would be a better fit for your needs. I personally use this headset for music on my phone and computer, as well as my phone calls because it has a mic boom that is noise cancelling. I bet it would work as good for gaming. You can search for it on amazon and read reviews.

14. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    it arrived today , opened the box and by the state everything was in it had clearly been tried , rammed back in and sent back in the past. I didnt even unpack them i got in touch with amazon , I'm sending them back . My replacements will be here thursday :/

15. davevas

davevas Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070
    Bluetooth headphones. long battery life, good range and universal. Mic play pause skipand volume are just pluses in a other wise dope headset.

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That sucks mate, luckily Amazon is pretty decent with returns. Hopefully the next set is genuinely brand new.