Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

VCE 1.0/2.0 is expected to be that slow, your results are normal for that hardware. VCE 3.0 (Tonga and higher) is roughly 2x faster than the previous generations, but is is still WAY behind QuickSync/NVENC (up to 5x slower depending on encoder settings).

2. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    I will like to have a reset button for the monitor window to initialize the value to the desktop value. When I start a benchmark I have to close afterburner and open afterburner to have the desktop value before the test. Afterburner will kept the last max value and it is not possible to know the exact value obtain from the last benchmark test.

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Right click the graph and select clear history. Will that do what you want?

4. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Thank you doesn't consider that option. That solved my problem. :)

5. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Love this idea.

6. Zaxan

Zaxan Guest

GPU:
    Msi 1080 Armor OC
    Any chance of Afterburner getting an automatic overclocking tool for Pascal like PrecisionXOC?

Only, you know, one that actually works?

7. Unwinder

Of course no. Automated overclocking is a marketing fable for noobs.

8. chumanga1

chumanga1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770
    Since you already put hands in RX480, has tested if "VCE 4.0" improved h264 speed or is same from 3.0?

9. GypRosetti

GypRosetti Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3
    Just got the Asus Strix 1080, so I'm wondering if it would be possible to add multi-fan control (the card has 2 extra fan connectors)? The Asus OC tool kinda sucks, and I'm used to using Afterburner, but now I have to have them both running so that I can utilize the fan curve for the additional 2 connected fans.

10. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Welcome to the ASUS Afterburner Tool :bang:

11. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Are they any plans to add vulkan support?

12. Unwinder, if it is not too much work, can MSI Afterburner have a delay Direct3D hooking option?

For example, a textbox in options to delay hooking into the app by a number of seconds or milliseconds. I saw Dxtory has this option. This would correct some applications that crashed even with other overlays disabled, which I mentioned in this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=408364. I manually delayed hooking using these steps. Thanks for MSI Afterburner, I use it all the time!

13. Unwinder

It was added a long time ago, search for "delayed injection"

14. gtbtk

gtbtk Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I have two suggestions for you.

1. Allow the user to right click on the new curves feature panel and save the current curve settings to a separate file that can be reloaded later. That effectively allows for an unlimited number of saved presets.

2. I think that for both everyday and particularly while experimenting with the new card features like curves, allow each of the preset buttons be saved with a user customizable hover over label.

It would not need to be too long, just enough to add a short description at save time of what experimental function you are playing with (like fine tuning curves) or even basic things like "Gaming" and "benchmarking".

15. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    I'd like the option of having Afterburner minimize to task bar, rather than system tray.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unless I misunderstand can't you just drag the Afterburner icon from the system tray grouping to the side and drop it onto the extended task bar and it'll remain there from then on?
    (An option for it might make it a bit more streamlined though.)

17. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    I at least can't (drag icon from system tray to task bar).

I have Afterburner pinned to task bar, but when I minimize AB, it won't go to the pinned item in the task bar, but rather to the system tray. Clicking on the (non-active) pinned icon in the task bar will inititate an elevation prompt, so bringing AB back up using it is a bit cumbersome.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  18. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I would like a kboost like feature based on game that's automated. Right now you can apparently lock you're hz through ctrl^f, find the hz you want, click it and press L. Kboost works in msi ab also if you use a evga prec oc x skin.

With pascal gpu hz speed is all over the place. In some competitive games, fps games imho mostly but probably others as well, that require high precision you don't want the hz to constantly change.

19. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
    I would like to see something similar to RivaTuner detection that detects when you are running a game and automatically overclocks to your set overclock for that game amd then resets back to a default clock profile once that game ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.