How to only record one audio source on msi afterburner (i need help)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by DahPain, Jun 26, 2012.

1. DahPain

DahPain Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD 7850
    The title pretty much says it all..

I want to record BF3 while i'm on fraps, without the fraps sound, only the in game sound..

-DahPain

2. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hello~
    Sorry, the Predator main function is "Video Capture"
    Audio capture function is auxiliary, can't only record sound.
    Thanks.

3. DahPain

DahPain Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD 7850
    Ah, ok, but are you sure there is no way that if im playing bf3 with a friend, and talking with him, that i only can capture the video and audio gameplay, and not like sounds from windows, i find it annoying when i capture a good gameplay, and I want to put it up on youtube, but i cant really, because you can hear the friend talking to me, and our discussions isnt always as entertaining for the watchers to listen at.. Are you really sure there is no way to make it only record Battlefield 3?
    Thanks.

-DahPain

4. DahPain

DahPain Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD 7850
    bumpydy bump

5. WithoutWeakness

WithoutWeakness Guest

GPU:
    8GB Corsair 1866mhz
    Afterburner captures audio through Windows's audio outputs rather than from the program directly (not even sure if that's possible). This means that if you have your headset plugged in and both BF3 and voice chat are playing through those headphones, Afterburner will capture all audio sent through that output on your PC. You can get around this a few ways:

Option 1: The cheapest would be to route one audio source through your headset and the other through your speakers and have Afterburner record just the game audio, though this isn't ideal and would require an add-on sound card if your motherboard links the front and rear audio ports.

Option 2: You could use a headset that offers 2 inputs (I have Tritton's AX Pros hooked up). Game audio would go through one output to the headset and voice chat through another (in the case of the AX Pros, game through optical S/PDIF and chat through USB). Afterburner would then just record game audio (S/PDIF output in Windows)

Option 3: You could use an external mixer with multiple inputs and have multiple outputs on your PC. A 2-channel mixer and a PC sound card would let you plug from the sound card to channel 1 for recording game audio and from your onboard audio to channel 2 for voice chat. Plug your headset into the mixer's output and use the sliders on the mixer to get the right mix of game and voice to your headset. Because Windows will see the 2 as separate outputs, you can record just game audio without hearing voice chat.

6. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    If you have a spare computer, say a laptop without gaming capabilities, run your VOIP software on that, and use a mixer to combine the audio outputs of the two computers for one headset.