Use of dual monitor using gsync and non gsync

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by anthony ashley, Apr 8, 2016.

1. anthony ashley

anthony ashley Guest

GPU:
    ASUSGeForceGTX980TI STRIX
    I am inexperienced in terms of computer construction and building but am looking to buy a gaming computer. I intend to use the ASUS GEForce GTX980 TI STRIX GPU and the ASUS X99 Deluxe USB 3.1 LGA 2011-3ATX mother board. Monitor will be an ACER XB280HK which has G Sync capability. I wish to determine if I can run an old monitor in a dual monitor setup, with the ACER using G Sync while the other is not.

Regards,

Anthony Ashley

2. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Yes. I use a Asus ROG and a 24" 1080P Samsung montor as extended monitor. No issues with G-Sync.

3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yes I also use the Rog Swift and a 34" 4K together no issues.

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    As above there,I'm using like you are want Acer XB280HK with non G-Sync Dell P22 plus tried that with Hazro HZ30 and Dell U2410 too,there are no problems,just sometimes I've issue moving stuff/icons between the monitors which is sometimes just pain in arse

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

5. anthony ashley

anthony ashley Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the responses. I have spent about 3 weeks trying to determine what I want in terms of the build and this was the last issue to resolve.
    Thank you again.

Regards,

Anthony

6. anthony ashley

anthony ashley Guest

GPU:
    Jura,

How do you find the Acer XB280HK

Regards,

Anthony

7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi Anthony

This monitor bought for me my brother and if I would be buying monitor I wouldn't choose him

There are few issues for me,its only 60hz,yes have G-Sync,reproduction of colors this depends,my older Dell U2410 has have awesome colors and this one,lacking such colors,its TN not IPS plus limited connectivity

If budget allows then have look on more Hz G-Sync monitor something like Asus ROG Swift and many others

My choice of monitor as I will be selling this one is Crossover 27Q LED-P Pivot Edition,friend have this one and personally I love the colors,I work with graphics and Photoshop on daily basis and for me good accuracy of colors is important although I still rather using my older U2410 when I work in Photoshop

Have look on this,this is XB280HK owners thread over on Overcklock.net

http://www.overclock.net/t/1528138/acer-4k-g-sync-xb280hk-owners-club

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura