1. Byrd_Man5000

Byrd_Man5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
    I just ordered a 15GB ipod from apple. And a monster adapter that plugs into it and allows for play through the FM radio in your car. It doubles as a car charger as well. Yeah, no more cd's cluttering up my car! Can't wait to get it. Anyone else have an ipod? I want to hear from you.

2. JaBbErWoCkY

JaBbErWoCkY Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT + NV Silencer 5 @ 420/1.2
    I've got one, I got a 40Gb back when I only had my 60Gb HD, so I could store all my movies and game 'backups' etc on it, kind aused it as an external HD when I wasnt listening to it. I really like it, however theres only 2 things that are bad about it, 1) I don't like the fact that the battery is permenantly in there, and can only be charged by a mains adapter or PC kind of thing, so no putting backup batts in, kind of annoying if your travelling around a lot. And 2) It actualy uses a physical hard drive in there, so it kind of drains battery power fast compared to some other MP3 players. Apart from that, probably the best ones you can buy, best lookin too. Kinda should be from the price. :p

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Totaly loved it. I borrowed it from a friend for a while to put some stuff on it. JaBbErWoCkY is right about the batteries thought. But it has some great accessories.

4. HanZ

HanZ Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    i would have one if it just wasn't so damn f****ng expensive.
    i think i'll wait 1 year and tehn buy the 10GB version for less money.

5. Rusty Clown

Rusty Clown Guest

had 20gb for a week then threw it in their face and got a Jukebox Zen Xtra... sorry but the ipod is a piece of crap...why? well the *largest* problem was that it did not operate over 100 degrees properly or sumtimes at all, and the temperature here is a minimum of 100 all year round. battery sucks..6 hours on first run! finally, its just faaar too fragile for me

p.s. there is no 10gb version

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2004
  6. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Over 100 Degress? As in C?

That's errrr.........high.........unless it's F which it probably is.......in which case, it should still run, I wouldn't think it would cause that much problems.

I have the 40GB iPod, brilliant things, and I use dub mine as a backup drive for my Powerbook and PC........

What's with complaing there is no 10GB version?

Like saying, "BAH, how come they don't make a 8GB version....."

Just seems weird, that's all.

7. Session

Session Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 660 SLI
    i bit the bullet and bought a 15gb ipod a while back in february, $380USD, man they are expensive! but over time it turned out being usefull :D when i had to back up my 180gb hard drive i only had a 20gb and a 10gb hdd to hold stuff, and that ipod saved a crapload of stuff ^^

i have one beef with it though, when you copy large sized files onto it, it tends to get kind of um, hot, but i guess thats because it isnt meant to be transfering like 6gb at once :p also the thing that seems to drain the battery the most is having the backlight in use, whenever i am using it the battery just seems to keep dropping like a notch every minute, but without it, it starts going back up? oO

i feel for my friend though. we both bought one at the same time but he didnt have firewire or USB 2.0, so he had to buy that usb adaptor. the funny thing is when he tries to copy music over using itunes it shuts off, lol! and thats when he has it fully charged :D i think i need to give him the firewire bracket that came with that motherboard(i usually end up holding all the usb/firewire brackets/mobo manuals/cables/mobo boxes when my friends buy or upgrade stuff :p) >: D

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  8. Rusty Clown

Rusty Clown Guest

lol no not C, 100F which im guessing is round about 35C i think... anywho it gets to 60C here in the summers but the zen only stops functioning at 50C apparently which isnt all that common lol.

anywho, zen xtra gave me one hell of a good experience, the battery runtime hasnt dropped under 10 hours, it has amazing EAX and mediasource is waay better than iTunes, which took nearly 9 times as long to rip a CD and always wants to rip to AAC

9. HanZ

HanZ Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    how much GB did teh first IPod have?

10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Recently, the portable MP3 player bug bit me....bit me hard!:eek: So, to 'scratch' this itch, I went a lookin' for a HD MP3 player, considered the iPod and Creative Zen, but I finally decided on an iRiver iHP-120 - 20gb of storage goodness!;) I chose the iHP over the Zen coz I wanted a built-in tuner too. Since I was in a spending mood, I grabbed an Etymotic ER6 headphones coz I wanted great sound....this combo REALLY rox!!!:D The Ety's especially coz I luv the deep reverberating but tight bass. I can listen toit for hours w/o my ears needing a rest.:D

11. Actually, Belkin makes a backup battery that plugs into the interface on the bottom of the ipod. However, this hardly makes it portable anymore *grin*

At any rate, I have a 30GB IPod and the battery life is my only irritation...6 hours if you're lucky.

And be careful if you decide to update your ipod with the new updater (4/30/2004 (and for your Euros 30/4/2004))

A friend of mines Ipod just was dead after he updated ....

Dan

12. Rusty Clown

Rusty Clown Guest

First ipod: 5,10GB

iRiver: i liked the ogg vorbis playback capability but i dont like the look =/