Guru3D Clan Update

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by Potyondi, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1900XTX 512MB + VF-900
    Hello Fellow Guru's,

It has been a while now since I have made an announcement. This was because I recently built a new PC which I couldn't get to recognize my hard-drive. Everything is fixed now though, so I'll be around a lot more often now.

As most of you know, the bf2 server will be going down as we did not receive enough support in the "Guru3D Accepting Donations" thread. The last time I checked, it was up to about $40 a month from 4 members. Four members out of 25-30 is a good indication of the kind of support we have (not very much). The thread is still open and maybe after reading this post we will have more members wanting to contribute.

That aside, I'd like to move on to Saturday Game Days/Nights. Most members know that we try to organize games every Saturday for our Guru3D members. The first two Saturdays were quite good for BF2, but after that it all kind of fell apart. It has been suggested by numerous members that we organize a specific time to meet up on Saturdays. While I am all for this idea, it is a very hard one to implement and exactly why I initiated the Day/Night idea. Guru3D is an international clan, and it is extremely difficult to have a set time that everyone can agree upon. I would like to hear ideas from members on this subject, either by posting in this thread or by PMing me.

Lastly, we have a few new members in the clan, and the main member list will be updated shortly. We are also looking for a new AA Division Leader, so if anyone is interested please PM me.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope we can become more active again.

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    As a FEAR clan member i can say that i am also in a state of upgrading some things on my desktop. Also about the donations....anywhere in perticular to send them (PM me if it is possible). when i am able to asseble my new rig next week i am going to be active but for now i cant play FEAR due to my busy schedule from college until the end of the week.

3. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    i was really looking forward to the bf2 server but nobody was ever on..i think its because we dont have alot of clan members.

4. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    yay ure back glad to see you (enjoy ure new rig )

the Fear sat fights are getting better

u should come along

5. fajitasforme7

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    yeah FEAR seems to be much more popular than any other game our clan plays

6. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    cos its so cheap :D or cos its FREE!!!
    is AA any good???

7. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    yeah, I can't speak for BF2, since I don't have it. :D But our Fear activity seems pretty good... Lord of Doom has got me in the CSS division as well, and I am getting better at it. :D Fear seems to be my highlight, so to speak.

For me though, I enjoy playing with a group of people, and whatever support is needed... I am there... :bigsmile:

8. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    Good to hear that our FEAR Division is active.

Right now I am installing the BF2142 demo and will be playing it for a while. I want to see how good the game is, and if it appears to be popular among our members then maybe we will integrate it. Fingers crossed, hope it's good.

I'll report back soon.

9. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    being that it is so close, that maybe a good idea...
    I played it, it cool... I may even get it after xmas... :)

10. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    Well I just finished playing a round or two of it. Kind of conflicted here...I think some of the guns are cool, but I think the game itself is somewhat confusing. I don't like how you sprint slower either, although I know that they only did that because you are wearing heavy armor. Personally, I prefer the original BF2 to this. I guess we'll see what everyone thinks....post your opinions :)

11. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    im not a big fan of it either... BF2 is cool, but I liked 1942 the best. lol

12. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I've been playing bf2142 a bit more recently and it's growing on me, though the assault weapon in the demo is really inaccurate and I keep getting d/c on every frickin server I join.

It's hard to tell how good the classes work as there are no unlocks in the demo, but I think it could work well.

13. noh0pe4u

noh0pe4u Member

GPU:
    nVidia 7800 GS
    meh, i think we should just stick to the original bf2 as i dont think i will be getting bf2142 for various reasons. but as for bf2 i think we should just stay vanilla for a while as we are having trouble just getting people to play it at all. but as for setting a specific time i think we should pass it around, who can make a good sheet for this via e-mail or something?

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    I am yet to try Battlefield 2142 but BF2 seems good. As for F.E.A.R Combat I suggest everyone plays the game. It's fun and best of all free so mabey we could see how it goes and all contribute to a server? As for AA we are still searching for a new leader to replace myself, get the game it is also free and try it. I should be on most of the time.

15. fajitasforme7

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    hmm im downloading the demo now but i read the preview and the game sounds like its gonna be very good...its suppose to make team play much more necesarry and rewarding and takes awat the dominance of tanks and airplanes

16. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, it does take away the dominance. I just hate the gameplay though. I'll probably play it every once in a while, but I won't buy it :)

I am going to do some thinking about how we can make our BF2 division more active.

17. fajitasforme7

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    can you like describe why u hate it?just curious..help me formulate a idea

anyays yeah i think we need to kick our bf2 division into overdrive