VSR Bug or Feature in a laptop (R5 graphics)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Azuruw, May 26, 2017.

1. Azuruw

Azuruw Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6520G2 2.5GB
    I don't really know if this is the correct place to put this, but it seems to me like it's driver related so:

I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD A8-7410 with Radeon R5 Graphics (Integrated sadly, seems a later model has external graphics :/), other than the big disappointment that has been my first asus laptop (making me believe HP ones weren't as bad) i found something rather curious.

The main panel has a maximum resolution of 1366x768, and radeon settings says that this laptop does not support VSR, but, if i connect an external display (1080p) in clone mode, the laptop switch to 1080p!, only when the external display is connected, Windows does recognize that the "recommended" resolution is 1366x768, but still allows me to set 1080p as my screen resolution.

What's even better is the fact that full 1080p is displayed and set in the main panel, it only looks slightly blurry, but as soon as i disconnect the external display, the resolution switch back to 1366x768, even more, while in 1080p, radeon settings still says that the main panel maximum resolution is 1366x768, so i would guess it must be vsr working right?

Does that mean that the iGPU supports VSR and amd did just disable it?, or is this a graphics driver bug?, and if so, how could i make use of it to display 1080p without the need for the external display (the additional space is useful when i do things like learning how to code)