No AMD graphics driver is installed???

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by legend0fthefall, Jul 26, 2012.

1. legend0fthefall

legend0fthefall Guest

GPU:
    APU Radeon HD 6620G
    I have an HP dv6-6c35dx which has the A8-3520M CPU and the Radeon 6620G APU.

Using AMD's official driver tool "catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util" it installed these drivers "12-6_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc" which includes the Driver Version: 8.900.7.1000.

When running the included AMD Vision Engine Control Center I receive this message:
    "No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver apporpriate for your AMD hardware."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same message. It seems I have no access to my "video card" when that is exactly what I am looking for. Apparently I am able to dedicate up to 3GB of RAM to the "video card" but am finding no way to actually do just that. And yes, I tried the bios and that is a no. The bios is ungodly simple and limited with no options at all for memory management.

Since this is my first laptop and AMD purchase I am feeling very limited in what I can do versus what I want to do and I am a little clueless in a few areas.

Any ideas or help anyone can offer would be fantastic!! Thank you in advance.

2. king601

king601 Guest

GPU:
    clevo p150e,
  3. montcer9012

montcer9012 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6620 512mb
    Your video driver is not update, if you pay attention to the package of Catalyst 12.6 has a newer version of the video driver installed on your computer, either way Catalyst install program say that the "newest" driver version is already installed.

To solve this issue try installing the Catalyst 12.7 BETA drivers listed on 12 of June here in the forums. Catalyst 12.7 do update the drivers of my HP DV6 6B47DX; older Catalyst provide by does not update the video drivers far from 8.900.7.1000.

Also, Could you try updating the BIOS. Once is updated, perform a clean install of the video drivers.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012