switching drivers

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Black&Silver, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Black&Silver

Black&Silver Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro @533/1066
    I was thinkin' about ordering the edimensional glasses. Whats the deal with the drivers. Would I have to keep 2 different sets of drivers on my comp. 1 for stereo and 1 for regular gaming (performance). How would I switch back and forth. That rollback driver thingie? Thanks

2. justforfun

justforfun Guest

3d stereo has a control panel where you can set up hot keys to switch on or off 3d mode or default usually is ctrl "T". the 3d thing is pretty awesome just set mine up a couple nights ago; my wife thought I was crazy until she put them on.

3. Black&Silver

Black&Silver Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro @533/1066
    Sounds cool. I'm gettin' em! When you switch back and forth, what are you actually switching? Drivers?

4. wladimirT

wladimirT Guest

Switching drivers certainly is not necessary (or even useful as far as i know). The effects can be very good, for instance with MSTrain Simulator. In MS fs 2002 there is amazing performance within the cockpits, and , depending on the aircraft, more or less convincing.
    Stereo is switched on and off by ctl-T
    (I use Leadtek A250 Ti4400 with driver 44oo-series and the specific NVIDIA stereo driver that you can download from NVIDA.com).
    wtrabsky@kabelfoon.nl

5. justforfun

justforfun Guest

Black & Silver,
    You aren't switching over drivers. You are just switching from 3d mode to normal. the cool thing is you can hit Ctrl T and see the 3d mode then back to normal by hitting the same buttons. you will notice the difference. make sure you read the other forums about downloading the right video drivers with the right stereo drivers. if you have the latest video drivers you will not be able to use your 3d drivers. you will have to use older drivers. what i did was use an hard drive and use that for all my games. i use windows 98 the most updated drivers i can use with the 3d drivers and everything works awesome. i brag about the 3d stuff to everyone.

6. Black&Silver

Black&Silver Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro @533/1066
    Thanks man. Thats a great Idea. I just ordered the E Dimensional glasses. I can't wait to see what Morrowind looks like with em. Does that mean that I'll be using the E dim. video card drivers instead of the catylists on the game drive?

7. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Games don't have stereo drivers with them. You have to use the ones given by E-Dimentional. Oh and they don't give them in a CD as far as i know. You will have to email them so they will give you the file.

8. TheC

TheC Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 ultra GS
    Actually, i think i got the "extra" drivers on the cd that came with the glasses. :)

9. fyrblaed

fyrblaed Guest

These guys have horrible customer service. I didn't have an order number since I've had these glasses for a while. Now that I've upgraded my computer to win xp, I'm sol. I've contacted them on numerous occasion in the past month, but they don't even have the courtesy to reply.

10. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    E-Dimentional?
    Weird. Whenever i e-mailed them with Qs they replied

11. fyrblaed

fyrblaed Guest

maybe it's just because of the the holiday season.

12. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Must be, cause they even sent me a replacement for a part on my glasses that gone bad in just about 5 days. (Battery cover, got 2 extras in mail :p)

13. Black&Silver

Black&Silver Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro @533/1066
    well, I got em. But I can't get em to work. Followed the directions. I'm not getting any beep when I hit a hotkey even though its enabled in the settings. In my display options I still show the catylist 3.9 as the driver, is that right? I see theres another port on the doggle, is there supposed to be a power cord going to it? I'm bummed:(

14. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    well the dongle comes with the plug for the wired glasses and the one for the wireless IR part. The power adaptor goes between the VGA card and the dongle and draws power from the keyboard's PS2 connector (and is included) but you shouldn't need it with your Rad. Asked the stereo drivers from e-dimentional?

15. Black&Silver

Black&Silver Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro @533/1066
    They gave me a cd with Radeon drivers on it. Its all installed, I even have the lovely little icon on the bottom right. Should I be seeing the catylist as my video driver?

16. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Go to the ED website and DL the other activator its works much better than the one on the disk , however the one on the disk works well in games....its a little tough to get it all set up and figured out but once you do it awesome!!

PS: go to the ED wesite and look at some of the gallery picts , they don't all work but some do and they are cool.:D

PSS: the guy at ED responded to me in an e-mail that they are working on new ATI drivers and they should have alot of improvments!!!:p

I love these things!!

17. Black&Silver

Black&Silver Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro @533/1066
    Cool, can't wait for the new drivers. Only got it to work with 1 or 2 games, but they do look awesome. Some of the games they list as compatable don't work though. I get a scrambled screen with a invalid frequency or something message. I have the latest ATI drivers, should I be using older ones?

18. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Somthing to remember , your frequency doubles when you engage these things , so set your Refresh lower and don't try to res your games so high , it will double when you kick it on:D

Also if the screen looks like its skewed , adjust the + or - 3d , like the f6 and f7 and shift f7 it should clear things up one way or the other.

good luck

19. Black&Silver

Black&Silver Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800 Pro @533/1066
    Ohhhhhhh. So when I set my resolution to 1024 x 960 100 hertz, my monitors actually trying to run a 200hertz. So I should try setting it to 50 hertz? I normally game at 1200 x 1600 85 hertz but I knocked down the res. thinking I had to get at least 100 hertz.

20. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Try to run it at 800X600 at 60mhz min or even 72mhz, and give it a try! you should be able to run games fairly well with out getting the overload error thing, ya gotta play around with it to find the sweet spot.

have fun!! Did you see the pictures yet??