ATI Stereo ?

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Don 1, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Don 1

Don 1 New Member

GPU:
    MSI 280GTX
    Are there any generic drivers for ATI video cards to run Elsa 3D goggles.

2. jmorda

jmorda Guest

Same question in fact... Anybody find them ??? (i have elsa 3d glasses too...)

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    The only one i know that is making drivers that can work with ATi cards is E-Dimentional.

4. jmorda

jmorda Guest

Yep, right. I've bought their 3D glasses today... i'm waiting for them so...

thanks.
    bye.

5. Heeroyuy

Heeroyuy Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX970
    Well this is a very good question, I came here searching an answer myself. I've managed to get hold of a 4D-vision display, which basically does similar to what the glasses do, but built into the monitor, I've got it until the beginning of jan, but only Nvidia is supported, I'm not too happy.

here's the website, the cost of the software is rediculous, so is the hardware.

http://www.4d-vision.de/cgi-bin/change_l.pl?lang=en&count=1

6. jbalat

jbalat Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GT
    You can download some drivers from vrcaddy.com

You will need VRCaddyXP and the Pageflip update for ati

They are demo only but they did not work on the few games I tried. They do not support red/blue glasses only LCD it looks like.

I tried to contact them but no response. Maybe they have gone out of busines in which case it will be hard to get an unlock key even if they work for you...

I also contacted EDimension who told me they will have a new Ati driver in the next few days. They said that they will not supply the drivers for purchase seperately at this stage. He said to try back in about 1 month and they may have a demo ? Basically he urged me to buy a Geforce !@#

John B

P.S. I wish NVidia can port their drivers over to ATI !!!

7. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Don't think nVIDIA will ever port their drivers over to ATi. Not only they do not know the hardware, but they don't want to do that because its an extra point for them ;)

8. jbalat

jbalat Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GT
    Just saw spykids 3d and the 3d was very poor. I think the red/blue mode on the pc would probably be crap for games also. Oh well

9. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    It depends on HOW you make the movie. i.e. the stereo separation. Go see a movie in an IMax3D theater and then we talk ;) (While in a PC, the effect is controlable.)