The realization

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by IcE, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Blame it all on Microsoft :funny:

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That depends more on your concept of omnipotent.

If an omnipotent being was to create a stone he couldn't lift, he would simply increase his own power being omnipotent and then thus lift the rock.

After that he could create another rock he couldn't lift and so on, the point being that the omnipotent being its power would have no limit and its existing limitations would constantly be shattered if they were challenged.

They're not human laws. They're the laws of our universe and an omnipotent create or the big bang are 2 things that contradict these rules at some points.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    double, remove meh*

4. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    What I meant Is that, Supposedly he (God), operates outside the limitations of the measured & perceived universe thus laws that apply to creation (The Big Bang Is the Process of Creation) does not necessarily apply to the creator.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    define he...?

so the invisible world has gender?....either way i have a lot of questions for it and they all start with the word...> Why.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  6. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Edited the previous comment so It makes more sense.

BTW this Isn't a religious debate, that's just how I define a creator, whether he exists or not, Isn't the point I'm trying to make, It Is In the end subjective to each Individual.

As I said before every Idea whether It be religious or non religious Is possible, and being open minded on different perspectives will lead people to finding purpose.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's all fine and dandy that he lives outside the boundaries of his creation. But the question then becomes, what is our universe based on? Is it truly possible to create something of such complexity with zero reference points? And how can something simply "exist" without having a creator or event that leads to its existence? I'm not denying that it's possible, but I am asserting that it's not logical for our universe to just be this vacuum thing, where everything is 100% unique and cannot be backported to whatever or whomever made it.

8. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Simply, from a religious stand point, some religions mention those reference points to a certain degree, which Is within the capabilities & limits of the human brain.

However, scientifically we are not advanced enough to fully answer all those questions, which I think goes beyond the capacity of the mind. :infinity:

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Now that you've mentioned it, i think i had this feeling, but for very short periods of time, when i lost my grandmother and almost losing my mother.
    I prided myself in my ignorance that no feeling/mental state is hard to understand and can be named and put on a catalogue.But when reality hit me hard, i panicked inside, broke my soul in pieces, and during the recovery time i was a wreck.
    All i was thinking about is WHY i can't foresee things and couldn't escape the nagging feeling that i live in a fishtank, but somehow the glass is so well hidden and my mind filled the gap with denial and "that is normal, it will pass".
    I avoided people like plague and barely said words to people i couldn't avoid.
    After i opened to a friend, he said that i belong in a mental ward, so i refrained from open to another human being.

The only thing i can say to this is that the "The Brain in a Vat Argument" becomes more relevant than ever, but adding to it the fact that harsh, brutal reality dulles our senses and feelings.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So you could put a god into a logical loop and make him create rocks, lift them, create another one, and lift it, until the end of time?
    Maybe that's what really happened and that's why nobody has seen or heard of that god they worship because he was asked to do such a thing a few thousand years ago :D

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Nah, it is likely that He got bit upset over something.

And people told him: "Go find yourself little corner of universe and cry there for a while."

12. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Dolby Atmos the best experience imo