SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isamu99

isamu99 Guest

From overclock.net:

Interesting. Can anyone with RadeonPro experience further expand on this possibility?

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Will the dither work better in 1.5? As in resolving the banding issues from in-game itself, not just banding caused by SweetFX shaders like Vignette?

@Suggestion
    A shader similar to the current SplitScreen; I would like to see a Old/New shader.. But in FullScreen ..

Let me explain better ..

I would like the ability to change my settings; but be-able to see the changes in the new settings from the current settings I have..

Currently settings are stored in SweetFX_settings.txt.

If it was possible, to rename SweetFX_settings to SweetFX_settings_old; and then make my new/test changes to SweetFX_settings.
    Then enable a shader to show SweetFX_settings_old and SweetFX_settings in-game, with them changing in real-time every 2 seconds (and have it labelled in the corner or something .. old and new) so that we could see the change on-the-fly ..

That way, we could EASILY see if our changes in the settings are an improvement or not ..

Your thoughts?

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  3. master2k8

master2k8 Active Member

GPU:
    7950 1.1 Ghz Edition
    nice would also be an OSD which draws fps and wheter swfx is activated or not.. maybe i find time to implement that when im at home from my trip

best regards

m2k

4. brad86

brad86 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 4GB OC
    Anyone got it to work with Resident Evil Revelations demo?

Would like to get it working. Gives me something to do getting it ready for when the full game comes :)

5. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Not quite sure what's going on in Metro Last Light. In screenshots with SweetFX on\off, they barely look different. But when I switch it on\off in-game, the differences are much greater =(

6. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    He has a point you're right about that but it certainly isn't limited to injectors as people will make it there prerogative to tell them their brightness/contrast/gamma settings are wrong or ruin the game in their opinion.

I'm fairly certain to implement such a feature would mean making specific dlls for games and is certainly why boris makes them specifically for certain games. Really shows when you try to use ENB with games that it's not meant for and most don't work cross-games.

No real improvement to you or me but try not to look at it from your point of view but theirs. They see it as an improvement and who are we to say it isn't when it's completely subjective matter. :p

In my opinion people should stop making light of peoples settings because they don't view what they changed as an improvement. No one puts up their settings expecting everyone to like it and obviously many don't. It really doesn't make sense to make light of something that will not change and to me it just seems pretentious to do so. Though maybe it's because I've seen it far too much that I think this way, could be that.:bounce::beer:

7. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    hi Jimmy how u doin?
    what happend to ur presets website? can i have a link plz

8. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Just found out that sweetfx indeed DOES work in metro games. Last light looks even more incredible with it.

Even tho i am using newewst (?) Swfx_Injector_20130422_KB, I had to delete the update for sweetfx to work.
    using default settings but changed sharpness from 0,60 to 1,60 since the game was blurry. The results surpassed my expectations. look at that !

edit: still can't get metro 2033 to work somehow

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

image upload no registration

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    ninjafada

how to make Metro Last Light work with D3doverider?

10. isamu99

isamu99 Guest

From overclock.net:

Interesting. Can anyone with RadeonPro experience further expand on this possibility?

11. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Can someone help me choose the right sweetfx version ?
    There is official 1.4 and like 4 other version after than on couple of pages.

Which version is the best or most recommended?

And btw. I still had to unninstall that 838 windows update in order to make even kb version of sweetfx work

12. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    i wanna know that too about the best
    and also how to make it work with D3Doverider for Metro

13. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    For some of the basic shaders it is possible if someone were to write a DX8 shader injector.

Not all the effects are possible because DX8 means using shader model 1.0 , 1.1 , 1.2 , 1.3 or 1.4 and there are some restriction on those that will be tough or impossible to code around.

For example LumaSharpen uses 5 texture instruction - shader model 1.4 allows for a maximum of 4. :(
    But if the injector allowed for multiple passes it could be split into two shaders, one in each pass, using 2 texture instructions each.
    I could also just implement pattern 1 (fast) which only uses 3 texture instructions.

So possible but hard.

I also think that Cartoon, Curves, LGG, Levels, Monochrome, Vignette, Dither, Border and maybe Vibrance could be implemented in shader model 1.4, though due to the restrictions on instruction slots it will most likely be necessary to run each effect in their own pass, because there is not enough room to fit all the effects in one übershader, like I currently do with SweetFX.

I'll need a shader injector for DX8 and to my knowledge none exists so far.

Are you planning to write one?

14. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Using eboostr with a large cache in system RAM also works wonders.

15. brad86

brad86 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 4GB OC
    Any luck on the RE Revelation demo yet guys?

16. Stein3x

Stein3x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 GTX G1 | SLI
    Thank's for the quick answer CeeJay, unfortunately i don't have the proper skills needed to write an injector :( , i wish i had. From what i understand it is possible somehow if only there were a proper injector.I found a very old DX8 injector called DXDLL which was used for the old game Operation Flashpoint , maybe it can be used somehow? And also i found some dude who tried to port SMAA to openGL here ,dunno know if he succeeded.

17. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    sweetfx stopped working again and I jsut noticed that KB2670838 is installed again.... damn than update

18. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
  19. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Yes I did. Whatever version I would use, it's no go with that windows update.

Ofc I deleted it and it works now.

This is newest version yes ?

20. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Is anyone else experiencing a big performance hit with last light with sweetfx after todays 1.0.0.2 patch?

Edit: Now crashes 8 seconds into the intro without sweetfx so something else is going on forget this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.