Videocard not compatible with rivatuner?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by zoto, Apr 5, 2008.

1. zoto

zoto New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts (512)
    I've been using rivatuner for a while now, previously with my 6600gt and my 7900gt, but yesterday i installed my new 8800gts and am having trouble getting rivatuner to work with it.

Card: EVGA e-Geforce 8800gts (512)
    Drivers: Latest from EVGA's site: dxdiag shows version: 7.15.0011.6444 Forceware 169.44
    Rivatuner 2.08 fresh install
    Windows Vista

When Rivatuner runs, i don't have the forceware tab, and dont have anything other than refresh rate, color, and chip info on the adapter tab. Kinda hard to explain, but you can see here:

[​IMG]

Am i doing something wrong? When i first start the program after an install it says "rivatuner has not been tested with this version of drivers". But from the searches i've done it seems to be somewhat normal. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  2. boogah

boogah Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 295 Quad-SLI
    restarted the machine yet ?

3. zoto

zoto New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts (512)
    Yes I have restarted.
    It looks like I answered my own question. Surely I cant be the only person thats looked for this answer, I cant believe its not listed somewhere a little more out in the open. From the guide here:
    https://home.comcast.net/~boogie3/Riva guides 1.htm

"14) You can manually add 8800GTS 512 support to RT's hardware database by editing RivaTuner.cfg and adding 8800GTS 512 PCI DeviceID (600h) to G92 line of the [GPU_10DE] section. G92 = 610h-61Fh,600h"

So, apparently, the g92 8800gts isn't supported right off the bat by rivatuner for some reason. By changing that line in the cfg, i was able to get control of the videocard. From what i can tell however, its a little buggy.

I increased the core clock from 670 mhz to 720 mhz and upped the memory speed accordingly, performance actually dropped 1000 points according to aquamark3. Trying to play COD4 the framerates dropped overall as well. Really, all i wanted it for was fan control anyway, and it does seem to work with that just fine.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

1) 2.08 fully supports 8800GTS 512, no .cfg mods needed and you've either installed old version instead of 2.08 or messed something else
    2) Nothing is bugged, stay as far from o/c as possible if you don't understand what is throttling (and you definitively don't)

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I changed item 14 to reflect this.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks, Marc.