Help picking a Full Tower case(aluminum and Dust filters)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sohaim, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    Hello everyone, i hope this is the right place for such thread, anyways, i currently have a CM HAF 932 and its almost completly rusted( i live very close to the sea), so its been some time that i want a new case but i had a hard time finding one with dust filters for all intake coolers that is made with aluminum, my situation is extreme, my GTX 980 screws are showing sings of getting rusty, so far the ones i have looked that are close to what i need is the Corsair 900D and Corsair 750D, the difference in price is huge the 900D is DOUBLE the price of the 750D, i would like to know what other people suggestion would be, and if there are owners of the 900D and 750D please share your experience with these cases, thanks in advance for any help.

2. Shivgounder

Shivgounder Guest

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance16 gb
    Try Caselabs. Their cases are made completely of aluminium. Also has a lot of options. But costly. I have ordered Magnum TH 10 A myself. One time investment and future proof.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yowsa... that's one expensive case, especially after you choose a few extra options that you might want. It's over twice as expensive again as the Corsair 900D.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  4. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    it seems to be an awesome case, although it lacks Dust filters, but its out of reach for me, i would need to import it to brazil, which takes at least over a month and the delivery fee would be huge, its a shame no one sells their cases here, thanks for the help anyway, any thoughts on the 900D or 750D? they seem to be the biggest cases i can find in brazil.

5. Shivgounder

Shivgounder Guest

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance16 gb
    Another choice I forgot to mention was Lian Li cases. They as good as Corsair and also have a lot of models.

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally I've HAF X which is great case,but as you are said on those HAF cases what is missing is dust filters and extra dust filters from DEMCiflex is on bit expensive side over here in UK

Right now I've CM Storm Trooper which does have dust filters and seems is great case,what I don't like is only ODD mounting where are you need screw and its not tooless,this PC which I'm using is more for my brother than for me

I will be building again new PC and I was thinking go with Lian Li PC-343B or Lian Li PC-D8000B 'Feel the Space' Full Tower Case or as you want to go with Corsair 900D or 750D Airflow edition,those cases are on my shortlist

Caselabs are great,but they're expensive and if they're worth,hard to say,I'm not convinced if they're worth,just wish they're available over in UK,I would think about them,but right now,above mentioned cases I would consider

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

7. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    Thanks bro, ive tried looking into Lian Li cases, but it seems that importing them will be extra hard, i live in brazil and there are very few brands here, the only ones that have some Aluminum so far that i found here in brazil are the Temjin TJ11 which is almost double the price of a 900D, Corsair 900D(only a few parts made of aluminum) and the 750D(same as the 900D but half its price), and since i am having trouble finding a way to buy a Lian Li case it seems i must go with the 750D for now, but thanks for the info, it really helped.

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I've not looked first time on the Lian Li dealers in Brasil and what I've saw,there are no dealers in Brasil,only in Argentina is dealer I think,agree importing can be extra hard

Temjin not sure,I think this case have my friend,but I wouldn't chose that case just from one point,like you are said,is expensive(I would say very expensive there)

Yes 750D looks like good buy,I'm thinking go with 750D or 900D too,but this depends on what next build will be,I like the wheels on cases like have HAF and due this I will be probably going with Lian Li

Have look on the overclock . net where is Owners thread and I would ask questions there,I'm very sure,they're will be able help you with yours questions

Hope this helps and good luck there:thumbup:

Thanks,Jura

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I've got the 900D. While it's literally a huge case (now it's funiture here), incredibly easy to set up spacey air cooling in there, and has quite some bonus features I noticed while working with it, I'm not sure how it should change anything regarding your salt-water-humid air. You might end up suffering the same corrosion soon, and I'm not sure such a big (and expensive) case as the 900D would change much about that... I'm afraid you'd find yourself be disappointed having spent so much money.

10. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I bought my daughter the 750D. It's a great case with nice filters but it isn't all aluminum. It is fully painted, including all screws, which should help. Her boyfriend has the 900D. Also a great case but enormous and really overkill if you aren't using a water-cooling setup.

I recently bought a Corsair 760T. It's a full tower with great air filters, the two main doors are completely made of acrylic plastic and the steel body is painted.

Still, in your salty situation, I'd opt for aluminum.

-->Here's a list of cases on Newegg <-- filtered for only aluminum or aluminum/plastic materials:

11. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    thanks for the help bro, unfortunatly i cant buy from Newegg, i live in brazil which makes things extra hard price wise since import fees are HUGE, and a LOT of restrictions are in place that do not allow me to buy from some places and the Real is very weak right now compared to last year, regarding the 750D do you think it fits a H100i and a GPU with a liquid cooler without any trouble? how good are those Air filters? right now i am stading between the 750D and the 900D, but it seems the 900D has a LOT of space that i will NOT use, i do plan on going Multi-GPU next year and i LIKE space a lot, but the 900D is double the price of a 750D and theres the rusting problems, so i am a afraid to invest in a expensive case that will not last long.

i see, thats one of my fears, the 900D is really expensive compared to the 750D and both will surely fall to corrosion but i think that the Filters might help slow it a bit, its good to hear your experience with the case, i still got a couple of days before i buy the case so i will think about that extra space, thanks man.
    thanks for all the help Jura :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  12. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Lian-Li and Silverstone are quite good Alu premium brands.

13. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

He doesn't have dealer of Lian LI in Brasil and importing like case will be much more expensive and Silverstone sorry there,they're make awesome cases,but they're over priced(Temjin),sadly

Wish he have there Lian Li dealer,I would only recommend their cases,I've build few PC and used their cases for friend builds and all of them are very happy,agree they don't look good(I would say old school look)

Thanks,Jura

14. karasvadim

karasvadim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Windforce OC SLI
    I saw a few Lian Li cases at the EGX event this year which made me buy one haha and that old school style is perfect.

15. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    Thanks for all the help and information about these cases, in the end i went with the 750D as it feels big enough for now and the money that i would spend on the 900D will be put toward a new Corsair AX1200i in the next few weeks, thank you very much to every user that helped me with info and opnions on this thread.

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    With which one did you went or which one did you bought ?
    I like Lian Li cases how they looks,due this I'm considering this one too if I will be upgrading the PC

Thanks,Jura

Hi there

I think too 750D is good one and 900D is expensive model and if its worth,not sure,this depends on yours build and what you want from the PC

Which 750D did you choose,are you went with Airflow edition or with normal version?

Buying 750D and putting bit more towards for PSU its worth it there,I would do the same too:thumbup:

Thanks,Jura

17. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    There is only the normal edition being sold here, but i will import that Airflow front.