Request NVInspector Profile for Trion's Rift Game

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by amourfou, Oct 13, 2013.

1. amourfou

amourfou Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
    I was playing FFXIV ARR with Nvidia 3D Vision and it looked great. Took a few days off and when I logged back in today it wouldn't work in 3D. I searched Google and found out about Nvidia Inspector, so I changed a 1 to a 0 in the profile and now it works great in 3D again. That got me thinking.

Is it possible to get Trion's Rift mmorpg to work in 3D vision as well by using Nvidia Inspector to change the current profile that Nvidia has for Rift? I read that people had got Rift to work in 3D vision in early 2011 by hacking the game to change the profile. It seems there was another game with a similar name and Nvidia made a mistake by confusing the profile of that game with Rifts. The hack worked for a while then Trion changed something in Rift so the hack wouldn't work any more.

Is it possible that Nvidia Inspector wasn't around at that time. If the problem is with the profile could someone create and post an Nvidia Inspector Profile for Rift so i can copy/paste into my Inspector? I don't have the skills to create a profile that would work. Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. Deelmackey

Deelmackey Guest

GPU:
    NVidia GTX Titan Black
    Even though the information was from 2011, the hack still worked for me. I can't post links yet, but do a search for "How to play rift with 3D Vision" and click on the link that takes you to an article on Gamectr dot com.

Basically the idea is that you first rename rift.exe to rift1.exe. Then, you have to modify riftpatchlive.exe and change the game reference from rift.exe to rift1.exe. It is stored in an XML format embedded in the patcher, and you can edit it with a resource hacker (or a hex editor if you understand how padding works).

Then, you have to switch Rift to use the Low Quality Renderer. I know, I know, nobody wants to go there. Once you do this, some of the graphic effects are degraded. But, the rest of the game is VERY playable, at high framerates, and the 3D stereo vision really makes up for the change in graphics effects in my opinion.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. JasmineJas

JasmineJas Guest

GPU:
    64-bit
    That may have good Reasons, why not well scaled RIFT. When a Game not to Multi-GPU is optimized, then NVIDIA can do also only so much so that the Compatibility is not broken.