riva tuner + fast writes

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by jinxjx, Apr 28, 2004.

1. jinxjx

jinxjx Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD-MSI 260x 2gb
    i have intel 865pearl mb with evga 5900se and would like to turn off fast writes. intel bios doesn't show it and its not in gfx properties. tried with rivatuner but can't do it or i have not done it correctly. 3dmark03 says its still enabled. tell me how?? also how to set refresh rates or fix. i use the 56.72 drivers..thank you...

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There are two ways: first, you may disable display adapter's FW capability via NVStrap driver (Main -> Customize device -> Low level system settings -> NVStrap). Second, you may disable FW in low-level AGP settings (Main -> Customize device -> Low level system settings -> AGP) and apply these settings at Windows startup.
    I vote for the first way because it is safer to prevent enabling FW rather then to disable FW after the driver have enabled it.

3. jinxjx

jinxjx Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD-MSI 260x 2gb
    does riva tuner have to be running or in the systray for the settings to work or override the gfx properties? also, when you set the settings in rt, do you set your gfx card properties to default or does rt override it anyway? are there any good guides about how and what to set in rt?...thank you..

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Try to peek in FAQ supplied with RT ;) You can find it in .\Doc\ReadMe.html