Fuzzy display on TNT2 M64 32mb w/ detonator drivers

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by MRRiggs84, Mar 15, 2001.

1. MRRiggs84

MRRiggs84 Guest

I have tried several different drivers but none have given me what I want. The problem is that when I install the Nvidia Detonator3 drivers, the look of everything in Windows becomes a little bit fuzzy. Without the drivers everthing is much crisper. When I install the "fuzzy" drivers I can use my video out to my tv and games work. With the "crisper" drivers I can't use video out and it usually does not play games properly. What can I do to get the picture crisper and use the video out to tv and have games work??<br>
    <br>
    System: Dell Dimension 8100, P4 1.3 Ghz, 128 Ram, Windows Me<br>
    1024 x 768, 16-bit color,<br>
    <br>
    Card: Riva TNT2 M64 32mb, w/ TV out<br>

2. stefan

stefan Guest

<br>
    Try the older detonater 5.xx or 2.xx series<br>
    They might be more suited for your card.<br>
    My tnt2 vanta 64bit performs best with the older drivers(and rivatuner<br>
    to manage all the settings)<br>
    Try any of these 5.22 5.08 2.08 5.40 <br>
    Experiment with settings in nvidia adapter and rivatuner<br>
    It could be problem with dx8(implemented in your shiny new speed monster)<br>
    Try changing resolution to 32 mb in windows<br>
    <br>
    stefan<br>
    <br>
    And what does such a budget card do in a p4?

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

What's "fuzzy" and "crisper" drivers? Give me drivers version.<br>
    When u're saying "crisper" u mean 3D or both 2D/3D?<br>

4. MRRiggs84

MRRiggs84 Guest

When I say fuzzy, I mean the detonator3 drivers which make the system run correctly and give all of the nvidia display options when under Advanced in Settings, ie. "Output Device" and "Riva TNT2" tabs. If I use other drivers, seems any other than the driver described about is clearer, meaning the look of anything in Windows, or games, text is easier to see the fuzziness because it is the smallest. But usually the clear drivers don't run games.<br><br><i>This message was edited by MRRiggs84 on 16 Mar 2001 06:49 PM</i>