Midco Comm and wireless routers

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Lobstah24, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Lobstah24

Lobstah24 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTS
    I'm looking for people with firsthand experience using wireless routers with midco comm as an ISP. I'm having some trouble with my setup. I had an SMC baracade wireless router (2804WBR-CA) that started to just drop my connections after I switched to midco comm from DSL service through my phone company. They (midco) swear that it is not on their end. I actually believe them because if I reset my router (and only my router, cycle power) my connection will be restored. I have 6 PCs on my network with one of them being wireless. I switched to a D-Link (DI-624M) and so far it hasen't dropped my connection but now when I try to use tabbed browsing in Firefox it takes forever for the pages to load...much slower then the SMC, when it was working. Any ideas?...Does anyone have a midco setup that has worked well for them? Thanks in advance.

L24

2. Phoenikx

Phoenikx Master Guru

GPU:
    Myself
    It could be that your system collected a lot of junkies. Did you try to clear DNS cache. It may help.
    (I am not familiar with your specific hardware, though.)