Edimension 3D glasses HELP

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Rykoshet, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Rykoshet

Rykoshet New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 5900XT
    Firstly, I have win XP with Nvidia 5900 XT. I'm using E-D Wireless 3D glasses.

Ok, I've been trying for a while. I'm currently using 78.01 Stereo and Video drivers (after trying 71.84 and 77.77s). All three give me the same problem. In nvidia settings, I enable stereo, then I go to test the glasses. I've tried every combination of everything, and all yields the same result. I see the image blurry and doubled, like 3D should be, but my glasses don't turn on. I've tried putting then inches away from the IR transmitter but no luck. Nothing helps. I've changed the batteries, and I've tried both my glasses. I can't call their tech support because it's not a 1-800 number, and I don't want to pay 10 bucks an hour for long distance (I'm in canada).

Has anyone had similar problems? Any solutions for getting the glasses to work? The 3D works just fine, but no shuttering in my glasses.

Also, what are these glasses classified as? On the Nvidia settings page I can choose DDC VGA Glasses, or Direct 3-pin DIN VESA connection. I have no idea, my wireless transmitter connects to the dongle via 3-pin DIN though.

HELP.

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    The Direct 3 pin setting is for the glasses that connect directly to the card.
    I had the same problem at first, but after emailing them i got it fixed. It was a faulty battery cover that didn't apply enough pressure. Also, some times you need to push the button and keep it pressed for a bit of time before they work. Also, sometimes i have to take the battery out, and put it in again and then press the button while facing the IR fransmitter. Another thing, E-D says that some cards don't provide power to the dongle and you will need to use that adapter that should have come with the goggels to draw power from the PS2 keyboard port.

3. Rykoshet

Rykoshet New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 5900XT
    I had 2 glasses, I didn't test them much (I put new batteries) because I assumed both couldn't be faulty. I called tech support and they said only 2 IR transmitters went bad in 5 years, so I guess it probably aint that. My computer doesn't go black with the dongle, so I don't think that's the problem. Plus I found the +5V pin in the DIN and measured about 5V coming from it. It's got power.

The tech support guy said to mess with glasses, I guess I'll do that. But they also sent me 2 wireless when I asked for 1 wired set, so I guess I'll have to contact them about that too, and that might solve some problems.

I'll try the glasses/battery thing. Thanks.

4. Rykoshet

Rykoshet New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 5900XT
    I have tried everything you said, and even things you didn't say. NOTHING works. Absolutely nothing. I'll return the merchandise and buy it again, maybe it'll work later. Thanks for the help. I won't be returning it till saturday though, so if you have any last minute advice, please help me out.