Watch Dogs HD Texture Pack 0.9.5b

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by iPaddie, Aug 31, 2014.

1. lighter

lighter Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 780Ti
    :D LoL something he has done, his patch has decreased performance on high textures you can try :D

2. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    :thumbup:

3. iPaddie

iPaddie Guest

GPU:
    GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
    ok you now admit you were wrong about the _high loading thing? :)

4. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    unfortunately I can not, because really _High textures are loaded from Windy_city.dat having done a lot of testing when I changed the folder signs ;)
    obviously when the textures are set to ultra

5. iPaddie

iPaddie Guest

GPU:
    GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
    hmm maybe it does use them for signs and other things, but not for aidens textures?

6. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    aiden i not try

7. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    great, looking forward to the next version!

and please ignore these guys, i for one have noticed a significant improvement with these textures on high(and improved quality).. its a damn shame that those guys have to dump constantly on others hard work.

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    ok that's interesting so they might use resolution as a loading factor also before they switch to the high textures ?

And use the normal ones + normalmap up to 1080p up to Ultra and above 1080p they additionally kick in the high textures with Ultra ?

in any case as you can see from the compares for 1080p it would rarely make sense to waste more memory for virtually no improvement in Gameplay, this lost resources you could put better into effects on the shader side (better lighting).

though also lighter his compares are flawed because they are compressed again

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  9. lighter

lighter Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 780Ti
    i've image uncompressed but i don't know where can upload without lose quality. Anyway i make a video with game set to high, patch can improve quality but i've less performance, and game stuttering as ultra

10. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    The screenshots are not from DIFFERENT places they are the same exact places at slightly different angles, not perfect so i can't get the camera in the same angle... Look again, these shots are at the park in Mad Mile then in the same exact newsstand, no difference in quality.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Really? Well that's strange because here are the two links you posted, and when I open them, they are in 100% different locations and there are only 1 of each location

Copy/Pasted directly from your post

here is ipaddies ultra textures: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=6054768087455090946&oid=116918714331119317503

And here is vanilla: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=6054768375109315874&oid=116918714331119317503

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Would make rare sense for the cutscenes especially none but they might even do that we would really need to test now several options :)

1. Do they switch ULTRA (screen resolution dependent to _high textures) do they do the same for HIGH ?
    2. Did they grouped the Textures they switch based on where they appear ?
    3. How does it work in context with the Cutscenes Camera View (Closeup FOV) ?

Btw did anybody tried what happens if you replace (kill) the graphics folder from windy_city.dat and repack one without any textures @ all ?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Do you not know how to look through screenshots in google+? There is an arrow on the bottom and you can view them, all of them :)

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, would help if there were more than one

Same on each

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    what!? That is not how it is supposed to be, sorry...I uploaded to Imgur now. Hope this clears the confusion! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BUT, I have not labeled them, guess for yourself! I bet you won't see a difference! I'm doing that to prove a point!:banana::banana::banana:
    http://imgur.com/XnFW1f2,MUBBJuB,VH...JZT,lPuRThy,Hq80VqP,kit1DVm,wF0Bznj,ZOLNlJg#0

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol that was like pulling teeth

17. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    yeah, sorry about that, had no idea it showed only one...

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Don't worry about it lol

19. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    dude, the pictures speak for themselves. it looks EXACTLY the same. if the texture resolution were actually "2x higher", then it would definitely be noticeable but it's not. sorry, but your mod doesn't do a damn thing and this game still sucks balls, imo. lol.