Force shader model

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by PERVERTOR, Apr 14, 2013.

1. PERVERTOR

PERVERTOR Guest

GPU:
    GTX-560M - 3gb
    I heard that it is possible to force an application to use a certain shader model with Rivatuner (which i think will be the solution for a problem i have with the textures in Settlers 6) I looked around and found nothing, even in google, Rivatuner related or not.

But i did take a look at the guides a bit and thought that my solution could be there, but it seems that i cannot reach certain options in Rivatuner, wich is likely because it doesnt supports recent drivers, but i'm not sure.

Any help on the subject is aprecciated.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    RivaTuner is an unsupported product. It doesn't support any of the recent drivers and it's unlikely that it ever will.

3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    NVIDIA moved many of their driver settings away from the Windows registry and into a binary database format. Ever since this change, RivaTuner won't work as well with newer drivers. Unwinder has reasons for not updating the program, perhaps mostly because he didn't get the respect he deserved from the community (I may have been a bit guilty of that myself in my early days as a programmer, and for that I must apologize).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013