Freeze on Launch

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by Colseg, Feb 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Colseg

Colseg Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970 3GB
    I installed ATI tray tools the other day and every time I launch it as soon as the logo pops up in my taskbar my computer freezes requiring a manual restart. I have tried both installing and running with my antivirus disabled and CCC disabled, I know CCC can cause problems with ATI tray tools but I figured that since those problems are caused by conflicting settings those problems would only happen after I managed to launch the program and tweak some settings. I have the ATI 7970 3GB so mabe it is just that since the card just came out it is not supported yet? Also for clarity I have not changed any settings in CCC for my new card, they are at default, and neither my graghics card nor my CPU are overclocked incase that could be the cause of the problem.

2. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I don't think ATT supports the 7970 yet, I assume Ray is working on it though.

3. xKureix

xKureix Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    Bah, when can we expect a supported ATT Version?

4. xKureix

xKureix Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    Colseg, fixed the problem already ?
    Happened to me too, figured out why.

Leave a msg if you still need the solution.

5. Dragunet

Dragunet New Member

GPU:
    Asus Sabertooth X58
    Good morning,

I found the same problem as Colseg but with my brand new 7850 OC.
    I just ireinstalled S.O and at the moment Aty Tray launched PC completely froze!

Can you share how didi you fix it xKureix?

6. bsod

bsod New Member

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon HD 7850
    I have a 7850 and it's freezing my PC as well when started. However 7xxx cards dont seem to be supported by ATT yet, so thats to be expected.

Hope the 7xxx series gets support soon, I'll gladly test any downloadable betas when made available.

edit: oh lol my ancient pc specs...gotta fix that

edit2: and yes, if you have a fix, SHARE IT HERE! please...

edit3: ah btw, installing with disable overclocking ticked makes ATT start and all is accessible but ofc overclocking isnt there...not a real solution, but at least you can apply some tweaks that way.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012