So I need a new mouse...suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cartman372, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Basically, I'm looking for a new mouse, but I can't really find anything that I like that also won't break in 6 months.

I had an MX Revolution a couple years ago, most comfortable mouse I've ever had, but I left that one with my Mom and now I can't find a replacement.

I've been considering the Logitech Performance MX, but every single review I read says that it starts double clicking in a short amount of time. I hear laser issues with some of the higher end Logitechs.

Only other mouse I've tried is a friends Logitech G400, but it's just not comfortable for me, I think I've gotten too used to holding the MX Revolution (before that I had a Logitech Trackman)

TL;DR: What's a good mouse for under $85, preferably wireless, with comfort of the MX Revolution.

2. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I've been pleased with my 2 Razer mice.
    Before that I had a Logitech G7, which was wireless.

I'd say go wireless if you absolutely must, I see no added benefit with wireless mice.
    The Logitech I had was very good, it had a loading station which came with 2 batteries, so it wasn't a real hassle when the batteries ran out, just popped the charged one in in a few seconds. However, after some time, I would have to switch batteries 1-3 times a day. The connection was very good, no issues there.

Anyway, my point is, I've had wired mice after my G7 and I prefer them over wireless, simply because I can just plug it in and use it. No need for batteries or any type of BS, and the cable really doesn't matter at all, at least not with Razer mice.
    On the comfort side, one of the most comfortable and best mice I've used was the Razer Deathadder.

Seems I'm a little too gaming focused here but that's the only thing I really consider when buying a mouse, because they will perform very well in other situations as well (the occasional graphics editing and stuff).
    I heard something about the new Razer drivers being cloud based or some other BS like that so you might want to check up on that.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    After a TON of deliberation, I bought a Steelseries Sensei Pro.
    Awesome mouse, very configurable and very hi res.
    It has its own LCD on the bottom to recall different configs from its memory and you can even program your own using the LCD only.
    There is a button on top that allows you to quickly change DPI between 2 settings, each config lets you set this up independently.

The shape is excellent, a very relaxed hand position and it can be used with both hands if you wear one out :p
    The lighting is fully configurable (3 different RGB light zones) and the gold/silver look is ace.

If you want more choices, check out the mouse poll thats still running:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=361196

4. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    If you are more of a MMO player go with Razer Naga, if you are not then go with something like Cyborg R.A.T. 7

5. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Well I have no problem with batteries as I get about 1.5-2 months on a single AA in my current Logitech wireless mouse.

Sounds like the batteries in your mouse completely died, which I assume you left the batteries charging for way too long.

I'll have to check out that mouse.

Thanks for the link!

6. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Are you a claw or palm grip user?

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Logitech g9 (g9x). best mouse I've ever used. not wireless. Very accurate. plenty of buttons. 2 different grips. great build quality. I bought a Naga for mmos but quickly retired it because the g9 is simply better.

8. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Claw

I was thinking of the G9x, but it was out of stock online at walmart (had a $50 giftcard)

Went into walmart earlier and picked up a Razer Deathadder, $14 after the giftcard. Liking it so far, but we'll see as time goes on.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the g9 with the precision grip is perfect for claw. anyway, hope you enjoy your new mouse.

10. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Good to know and thanks!

I'll try to, if I end up not liking this mouse, the G9x is next on my list.

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The standard Deathadder is a great mouse.
    The only reason I upgraded from one is because mine developed the double click problem.
    It lasted about 2.5 years though, at the price you paid, thats well worth it.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's worth a try. it's solid in every department. there's something about its accuracy that makes it stand out for me. think extension of your hand precise.

13. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Ahh, right on. I hope you like it and that it works out for you! I really liked the feel of the Deathadder, but found it not suitable to my claw grip. If it works for you though, thats what counts :) The good thing about a local retailer is that if you hate it, you can always return it too. I was going to recommend the CM Storm Spawn or Logitech G9 for claw otherwise