Confused?!?

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Alexstarfire, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    All right, I got the GPU client installed and I've got a few questions about it's performance.

First, about how fast should a 8800GT fold?

Second, looking at the "performance" in the display says 4xx ns/day.... but I have yet to see any picutres of clients that sow ns/day. I've only seen mol/day. How does ns compare to mol?

Third, what clocks affect the performance on the GPU client, if any. By that I mean, core/shader/memory, and also if 2D or 3D.

BTW, I tried running the CPU client. I'm assuming the display should look very similar to the GPU one, right? Because mine looks like it's bugging out, and as a result I'm not running that one ATM.

2. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Right ok, if nothing appears to be rendering in the viewer (I assume your using the installer or 'tray' client) lay your hands on FahMon and install that.

Using FahMan it'll tell you your performance and whether your folding or not.

If you can, or want to I'd recomend using the no-gui client (console client) for the GPU since its easier to see whats going wrong.

3. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, it's only the CPU that's not working right. I'll say screw it... too much effort for what is going to be little return on this processor. I'm just wondering how 4xx ns/day compares to others for the GPU client. Seems like I'd finish about 10 folds a day at that rate (According to the time it says it will take).

4. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    10 a day sounds about right, if you can ge FahMon it'll tell you your exact PPD (Points Per Day) and what WU (Work Unit) your folding/proccessing (which will help diagnostics if ever needed).

Hope that helped anyway.

CPU issue could be server problems? If you want to run the CPU client i'd look at the fahlog for you if you want.

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    + Overclock your shaders for better folding performance.