MSI Afterburner. Compatible with R290?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MTSeldon, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTSeldon

MTSeldon Guest

GPU:
    Asus R 290 / 4Gb
    Some monitoring applications cause a BSOD with my Asus R290 . Does the new MSI Afterburner 3 beta 18 have any compatibility problem with R290? I don't want to OC the card. Just want to use it to monitor the GPU/CPU temperature.

Also I used to use MSI afterburner (the new beta) on my old computer . (with 8800GT , no OC). Few times white dots appeared on the screen , indicating a problem with the graphics card memory . I dont remember seeing this problem before i started using MSI afterburner.

Does it apply a clock speed profile , without asking the user? Is it a safe application for just to watch the temperatures and other parameters?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is safe for experienced users, it is unsafe for you, I'd avoid using it.

3. MTSeldon

MTSeldon Guest

GPU:
    Asus R 290 / 4Gb
    if you don't like a question, just ignore it. By giving aggressive answers , you are wasting the users time, you are wasting your own time.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If you're sure that AB caused "problems with graphics card memory" on your previous PC and assume that it is applying a clock profile without asking a user, this tool is not for you and it is definitively unsafe for you to use it. Plain and simple. And I'm absolutely shocked to see how people tend to post something pretty stupid and blame the tool for PEBCAK issues THEN call developer's answer agressive. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.