Corsair F100 Force SSD review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Corsair F100 Force SSD review Thus far we have tested a handful of SandForce based products and though the first series with the initial SF-1500 controller did bite us a little in the toosh the SF-1200...

More...

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for the review.
    It looks weird indeed - in some benchmarks it's on the same level as Vertex 2, and in some it's just slower (still in real-life applications, it won't be that much noticeable).

Is there a chance to add Vertex 1 with over provisioning (via special firmware or eventually manually) to SSD comparison?

3. Kharadmon

Kharadmon Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 5870HD 1GB
    In page 2 of the article you use the standard US/UK notation for number except in the line "Typically SLC flash storage will wear out after hundreds of thousands of write cycles whereas MLC flash storage will wear out after 10.000 write cycles" where you use the European notation for the thousand's seperator

Nice article - hopefully these drives can help pull down price and drive up even more performance.

4. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Great review! I believe these drives are the top choices for another year or so until the 6Gbps controllers are introduced to the market. I like how the Corsair always have to simple black looks, yet I still lean towards OCZ Vertex 2 for performance.

5. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Vertex2 FTW!

6. mrpipster

mrpipster New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 680GTX
  7. Musouka

Musouka Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX970
    Great review, I'm thinking of buying me an SSD soon.

I was going to buy an OCZ Vertex 2 or a Crucial C300 but I heard at least 3 accounts about drives with the Sandforce controller bricking up after a very short life so I dunno if I should stick with Intel's offering or take a chance with one of these :(

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010