video card slow on Archicad

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by greg w, May 5, 2004.

1. greg w

greg w Guest

I have purchased an GeCube ATI Radion 9600 pro All in Wonder card 128mb 8*AGP etc. for my new shuttle box with AMD 64 3200+ processer with 1gig of ram. I loaded my Archicad 6.5 program thinking that the fly through 3d graphics would be much faster and smoother now . What i found was that my old celeron (intel) Tosiba laptop with way way lower spec's seemed to do the 3d fly through with greater speed. This was very disappointing given the money i have spent. The card seems to work fine for "black hawk down" the game. The other feature of the all in wonder if find useful for other stuff i do. I don't understand. Does anyone have some advice? is it just a matter of settings? Can i tune this card to work well with archicad and if so how?

i checked the graphisoft site and the only requirements for archicad were at least 64mb and open gl, which would mean my card should be fine.

Greg Walton

2. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Sorry to hear that going for the latest and greatest for you turned out to be much slower. All I know is that ATI is not well known for good OGL performance. nvidia gaming cards seem to be far better in OGL if you do games or CAD/DCC. At least they are more reliable and don´t cause much crashes afaik. I don´t know if your card can be turned into a FireGL card, just have a look around here in these forums if there are people that tranformed it into a T1 or something with catalyst drivers, my knowledge is much limited when it comes to ATI cards.

regards

3. JoeJoe

JoeJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7300GT
    Look at that link, they speak about the 6.0 version of archiCAD....

http://www.architecturalcadd.com/bsa/evaluation.htm

That's what I remebered. openGL Acceleration only appears in the 8th version of ArchiCAD, and the compability is really not good on ATI cards... For now

So The only thing your computer could be slower than your older one could be caused by your processor.... If you want to compare both of your computers, be sure that you have the same resolution... ;) So Rivatuner would be useless.... But...

The only advice I could give you is to go for ArchiCAD 8 or 8.1, they have OpenGL renderer.... Then you can try to improve more the performance by sofmodding your card. But there is no pre-defined profile for ArchiCAD on FireGL drivers....