Getting lots of tears and blinking on bright spots while playing, new GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Neralio, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Neralio

Neralio Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 270
    im using an AMD Radeon R9 200 series and I get these sort of wildly expanding then shrinking parts on the bright parts while playing, some of the examples are when i play bioshock infinite[​IMG]
    those electricity will wildly expand and shrink but its not bothersome much. does anyone know what i should do to stop these? they dont really affect gameplay much in bioshock, but in huge open areas like GW2 and BF4 then every bit of bright spot starts going haywire and blinking mostly in these angular shapes. they only crashed in bf4 which is expected, was fine in gw2. i could endure it if these sort of tears remained minuscule but they tend to grow larger and get worse as you play along and soon engulfs the entire screen. any help would be greatly appreciated

2. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    have you considered exorcism?

Seriously though, was it always like that with your card or did suddenly start misbehaving?

Can you try the card in another system to see if you can reproduce the problem?

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
  4. Neralio

Neralio Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 270
    it was always like this, first time i used it i got these tears on certain games, somes games theyre not a nuisance but on some games like GW2 they block your entire view. its like having these really stretched out angular planes jut out from random spots, sometimes creating a feeling of being in a small cramped room as the planes made a sort of room. they also only appear in certain camera angles, like if i rotate it a bit itll disappear but reappear soon as i change the camera angle by the smallest of degrees. i also cant see what type of r9 200 im using as in amd ccc in hardware > information it only shows "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series". i should go for the latest 14.3 tho right? thanks btw you guys for helping me out

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I suggest you to remove current Radeon driver with Wagnard's DDU and install Catalyst 13.12 WHQL drivers for that Radeon R9. Both download links are above.

If that doesn't helps then Wagnard UUD again to remove 13.12 WHQL and try with some 14.x on links from my previous message.

If same problems are still there after all then try that Radeon R9 in computer of some friend. If problems are still there with graphic card in some other computer then Radeon card is faulty, no doubt about that. RMA it, but before starting RMA procedure take few dozens of pics and videos (with some better phone) and burn them to some CD or DVD. Those pics and videos (showing artifacts on screen while gaming) could speed up RMA procedure.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Sounds to me like not enough voltage. Try underclocking AND/OR overvolting.

Either way I'd RMA the sucker. Artifacting at default settings is unacceptable.

7. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    It seems suspect that the user owns a R9 290(x) but doesn't know exactly.
    Are there more details for the system? You just have the laptop listed.

EDIT: If it were me, I'd be checking out temperatures and other current stats of the card before I decide to go pump more juice into it or making other changes.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  8. Neralio

Neralio Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 270
    Yes, thats it, artifacting! Finally a word to describe "jagged angular planes spiking out of nowhere". Thanks for all the suggestions guys, will give em all a shot and hopefully I get my vpu fixed. I'm using a fatality power supply with max of 750w, not really tech savvy so not sure if its enough voltage. Also forgot to update my settings when I switched onto a PC, thanks for the heads up.