3D Vision Surrond using multiple projectors on a curved wall

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by hankkuo, Jan 5, 2013.

1. hankkuo

hankkuo Guest

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 690
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie to this forum. I have searched the topic for a while but got no confirmative answer. I'm going to build a 6 meters wide and 2 meters height curved wall displaying some 3D real time interactive application like game or Unity3D (not just playing stereoscopic movie). NVidia 3D vision seems to be an ideal solution for broadcasting these content.

Here is my plan:
    - 3D DLP projector (Optoma GT720) x3
    - GTX660
    - Edge/Color blending hardware/software
    - 3D Vision (Pro) Kit

My problems are:

1. Is there any restrictions on the 3D DLP projectors? May I use uncertified 3D DLP projectors? What the certified 3D DLP projectors will be identified (DLP projectors?) respectively? And will 3D Vision Surround work under this condition?

2. The image has to be blended and warpalized because it is projected on a curved wall. If a blending hardware is adopted and put between projector and PC, will 3D Vision still work and the EDID is just being by pass by the blending hardware? Will it be better and easier if the software warpalizer is adopted?

Does anyone has similar experience? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hankkuo

2. AleksanderDev

AleksanderDev Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan SLI
    A GTX 660?
    What games are you planing to play?
    Assuming the Optoma GT720 is 1920x1080, your gonna need a hell of a lot more power to run even older games in 3x3D projectors.

I have 3 monitors where 1 is a 3d monitor. So less demanding than 3x3D monitors.
    Im using 2 titans in SLI to run the latest games at 5760x1080 and with the center monitor in 3D.
    Now you wont need 2 titans to play 3D surround but i would advise getting atleast a 7970 6GB version or titan. You need lots of Vram.

Did a test with my modded skyrim and it used 5,2GB vram and that was without 3D.

3. iamcanadian2

iamcanadian2 New Member

Hello I use Flyelise curved screen software works perfect in 3d and not exspensive. I am using 3 X optoma GT750 e. 180 inch curved screen.

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    The Optoma GT720 / 750 are 1280x800 native resolution, not 1920x1200.

They also support 120Hz, and have two motion blur reduction modes, which are the 3D modes selected from the projector settings.

The projectors don't support Nvidia 3D Vision. They support VESA 3D standards. You'll need to use Nvidia's 3DTV Play feature or AMD's HD3D feature.

5. Epironron

Epironron Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX780 XLR8 x2
    Regarding the Edge Blending, I know some professional projectors got build-in corrector.

You will also need a good graphic card which can support 120hz on 3 outputs (DVI-D, HDMI 1.4 or DP).

You should also know that curved surface need some warping software (like Disney have: check "Disney Glendale Dish" on youtube).